Macsmom Cherry Chips??

Decorating By amberkw Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 1:26pm by amberkw

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:25am
post #1 of 5

Anyone know if the cherry chips in the macsmoms gourmet flavors, choc cherry cake are dried fruit or like choc chips? TIA

4 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:08am
post #2 of 5

I'm assuming like a chocolate chip, cause I think she would have put dried cherries. Try PMing her to be sure.

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:12am
post #3 of 5

i would say cherry chips as well, not dried cherries

amberkw Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 3:20am
post #4 of 5

Once I started putting the recipe together, it made sence it was not cherries. Thanks for the quick replies. I think I am getting a head cold. Having a few duh moments tonight. Want to hear something else funny? I just filled my largest square pan w/ batter, went to put it in the oven, and realized my oven isnt big enough! I guess it was wishful thinking. LOL.. Oh, bytheway, that recipe tastes just like a chocolate covered cherry. MMmm. Can hardly wait for the filling.

amberkw Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:26pm
post #5 of 5

Macsmom replied to a message I sent her - she's so great.

"I use mini cherry baking chips. I used to buy them at KingArthurFlour.com but they no longer carry them. I found them at BTTCountryStore.com but haven't bought from them yet - I imagine they are the same.

Ooohh, I just looked at their baking chip selection and they have lemon and raspberry (among others) I want to try! lol

Since you likely can't order them in time, using diced maraschino cherries will work great, too - add the juice for a portion of the liquid called for in the recipe.

Stacie"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%