My Mother Has Cancer

Lounge By auntmamie Updated 1 Jan 2010 , 5:45pm by mrspriss0912

auntmamie Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 10

I've just come back from the most emotionally exhausting Christmas ever. My mother was diagnosed, right before Christmas, with DCIS, stage 0 cancer. Today, we found out that it's stage 1-2. The doctors are saying that it is moving very quickly, and very aggressively. Much more aggressive than it should be. I just got back to my house three hours ago, and have spend the entire time crying. I wouldn't let myself cry when I was at home.

Other than cry, I just don't know what to do.

9 replies
Zamode Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 10

Prayers sent for your mother. Take care of yourself to get rest for now, wait and see what the next step is and keep your faith going . . .allow others to help you when you need it.

Deb_ Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 10

I'm so sorry. I'll keep your Mom and your entire family in my prayers.

TheCakerator Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:08am
post #4 of 10

I'm so sorry.

jonahsmom Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:35am
post #5 of 10

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom.

I'm also a breast cancer survivor so I'll definitely be thinking of your mom and your family!! She CAN beat it!!!! It will be a rough road and you'll have to remind her to fight....remind her WHY she wants to fight by being there for her and loving the heck out of her! The important part to remember is just to be there for her in ANY capacity you can!!! Laugh with her, cry with her, etc. She will have TONS of emotions and it is important for her to get them all out in the open. As scary as it may be for her to express those feelings, she can't possibly heal until owns those feelings.

I'll be thinking of you all!

ladyellam Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:44am
post #6 of 10

I don't have any words except I'm so very sorry. May HE protect you and yours.

MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:59am
post #7 of 10

I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. I am wishing her and all of you peace and comfort and the strength to endure the present, one day (or one moment) at a time. I just said a prayer for her, you and loved ones. Now with everything going on, don't neglect yourself. Be sure to nourish yourself with food, rest, and faith. Mom will need you to be strong. And whenever you feel the need to, come here and let us know how you're all doing. There are lots of people here with kind words and encouragement to share!

<<<< BIG HUG >>>>

Thanksharla Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:21am
post #8 of 10

I am so sorry.

kjt Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 1:34am
post #9 of 10

I am so sorry for this terrible news for you and your family.
Please know that you will be in my prayers...

mrspriss0912 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:45pm
post #10 of 10

Very sorry to hear this I will keep you and your mom in my prayers

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%