I'm always curious as to what peoples fav movies are.
Here are my top ten favorite movies, what are ya'lls?
1. Jesus Christ Super Star
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. A Clockwork Orange
6.Rocky Horror Picture Show
7.Saving Private Ryan
8.Never Ending Story
9.Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
Wow that was way harder to just pick 10 then I thought it would be, I guess I basically like war movies and musicals, go figure.
Now it's everyone else turn, maybe we can get some movie ideas from each other!
In no particular order:
1. Ten Angry Men (the original)
2. Gone With The Wind
3. Hunt for Red October (or anything with Sean Connery! ahhhhhhh!)
4. Sunset Boulevard (Gloria Swanson)
5. Double Indemnity (Barbara Stanwyck)
6. A Christmas Story (aka The Ralphie Movie)
7. The Godfather I & II
8. Rear Window (Alred Hitchcock movie)
9. To Kill a Mockingbird
10. Ben Hur
Wow, it WAS hard to only pick 10! I lean toward the old black and white classics. And not beause I'm old ... I've ALWAYS liked the older movies.
Hubby's and my idea of a perfect Sunday morning is having coffee in the living room, cuddled on the couch in our bathrobes, watching a good black and white war movie.
I am way too fidgety to name 10. But Debi, I'm with ya on Hunt for Red October. Definitely my fave of faves.
Super Troopers is my guilty pleasure.
I totally forgot about Hitchcock, every time I see Birds I'm freaked out for at least a week !
And yes Super Troopers requires at least 1 yearly viewing, man oh man I want to add another 10 to my list right now.
It was hard to pick 10! But these are some of my fav's:
1. Gone With The Wind
2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
3. Casablanca (luv Humphrey Bogart!... named my 12-foot albino Burmese python Bogie after him)
4. The Two Mrs. Carrolls (another Humphrey Bogart pic)
6. Fast & the Furious (1st and last one only)
7. Wizard of Oz (reflective for me, reminds me watching it every year as a kid)
8. Bram Stoker's Dracula (with Gary Oldman & Winona Ryder)
9. Ice Age (the 1st one)
In no particular order. . .
Jesus of Nazareth (miniseries)
Lord of the Rings trilogy
The Quiet Man
Alot of Scorcese films, particularly The Departed & and Gangs of New York
Most films with Daniel Day-Lewis and Ralph Fiennes
The Bridges of Madison County and most Clint Eastwood flicks
Sure I am missing some!
Deb my husband loves Ben Hur! Watches it every time, no matter how many times it's on or he's seen it!
I don't think I could come up with ten ...
but my all time favorite movie ...........
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles .. oh man is that ever funny!
oooh fun let's see...
1 & 2) any Hitchcock movie. particularly "Rear Window" and "Dial M for Murder"
3 & 4) any John Hughes movie. particularly "Sixteen Candles" and "Breakfast Club"
5) Mrs. Doubtfire
7) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
To Wong Foo...
9) 12 Angry Men (original)
bonus) First Wives Club! i can't help it, Bette Midler and Goldie Hawn? golden!
ahhhh, that was hard.
Okay, okay, okay, here goes:
1) all the first 3 Star Wars and the last 20 or so minutes of the 3rd prequel when Darth Vadar becomes Darth Vadar
2) all the Lord of Rings Trilogy
4)Godfather 1 & 2
5)Bad Boys 2 "Puck the woosaw Captain, did you just call me a blood, sucking tick?!?!?"
6)All the James Bonds movies, except for the new guy's movies
10)all of Clint Eastwood westerns
12)Friday After Next
Okay, so I exceeded the 10 limit, but these are the movies I can watch over and over and over and over again.
1. GONE WITH THE WIND
2. Pride and Predjudice ( BBC mini series)
3. dirty dancing
4. two wong fu, thank you very much Julie Newmar (something like that title)
5. Tne Long Long Trailer (lucille ball and Desi)
6. Twilight and New Moon
8.The Last of the Mohicans
9. Phantom of the opera
10. George Washington Slept here
wow that was hard.
1. Pretty Woman
2. Sound of Music
3. Benny and Joon
5. Dirty Dancing
6. Romeo and Juliet
7. Little Miss Sunshine
10. I can't think of one to save my life!
Hmmm... I don't know if I can properly fill out a top 10, so I'm just going to start and see where it goes:
1) Seven Brides for Seven Brothers
2) Ever After
3) McLintock (reminds me of the taming of the shrew)
4) 50 First Dates
5) The Lord of the Rings trilogy... the extended version
6) Batman Begins
7) Twilight (I haven't seen New Moon yet... I expect to love that one, too)
Westward the Women
9) Johnny Lingo
10) Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
11) The Princess Bride (my name is Inigo Montoya... you killed my father... prepare to die)
except for the first two, they are in no particular order, and I can't say that there isn't something I would have put on there, except that I couldn't think of it right now.
OOhh, this is fun!
In no particular order:
2. Last of the Mohicans (I WILL find you!)
3. Executive Decision
4. Princess Bride
7. The Sons of Katie Elder
8. Moonstruck (or anything with Nicholas Cage)
9. The Haunting (original 1963 version with Julie Harris)
10. Back to the Future-the first.
This was harder than I thought it would be.
in no particular order, my favs are
1. Gaslight (1944 with Ingrid Bergman)
2. The Castle (classic aussie comedy)
3. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)
4. Star Wars (1977)
5. The Bad Seed (1956)
6. All about Eve (1950)
7. Judgment at Nuremberg (1961-i remember my dad making me watch this when i was about 10)
8. Finding Nemo
9. Lord of the Rings Trilogy
10. Speed (gotta admit it, keanu reeves was hot)
10 sorry 10 just isn't doable for a movie whore.
50 First Dates
An Affair to Remember
Sleepless in Seattle
Shakespeare in Love
Much Ado About Nothing
Fly Boys (Sky Kids) Depends on where it was released
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Romancing The Stone Trilogy
20 Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Mighty Joe Young
The Krippendorf Tribe
King Kong the remake 2006
Jurassic Park (All)
How to Loose a Guy in Ten Days
Star Trek (All)
Star Wars (All)
Yours Mine and Ours (Lucile Ball)
Mission impossible (All)
The Fifth Element
Dr. T and The Women
The Air up There
Jungle To Jungle
A Few Good Men
Far and Away
The Thomas Crown Affair
Tristan and Isolde
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Lara Croft Tomb Raider
The Karate Kid (All)
Enemy of the State
Anne of Green Gables (All)
Man in The Iron Mask
Charlie Wilson's War
My Best Friend's Wedding
I Love Trouble
The Pelican Brief
Little Women(the old one)
You've Got Mail
City Slickers (all)
Throw Momma From the Train
The princess Bride
When Harry Met Sally
Back to the Future (All)
A Civil Action
Peggy Sue Got Married
The Family Man
The Truman Show
Something's Gotta Give
AS Good As It Gets
Pay It Forward
What Women Want
Men of Honor
Lord of illusions
The Time Machine
The Terminator (All)
Conan the Barbarian
The Lake House
Speed (And 2)
Forces of Nature
While You Were Sleeping
Nine to Five
Benny and Joon
Sweet Home Alabama
Pirates of The Caribbean
Finding Never Land
The Devil's Advocate
A Walk In The Clouds
A Walk To Remember
Beverly Hills Cop
Coming To America
48hrs & ( Another 48 hrs)
The Police Academy (All)
I have to stop but there are probably hundreds more movies that I could watch over and over again. I really like all the old B&W Movies too!!! Way too many of them to even get started.
Oh my goodness... I can't believe I forgot Stargate. And, I think I've seen every episode of every spinoff they've shown (SG1 with O'Neill as part of the team is still the best).
I can't believe I forgot Bringing Up Baby!!!!!
I couldn't sleep last night I thought of about 50 more...LOL I didn't get one single Vin Diesel film up there or Jean Claude Vandam or Clint Eastwood
I'm bringing it back up. Here's mine in no particular order.
Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones!!! OMG! Love them, and in the same movie PRICELESS!
1. The fugitive
2. U.S Marshall
4. Air Force One
These two WOWWW!
7. Green Mile
Even though Samuel L. Jackson plays serious roles, he is hysterical in every movie to me and my family. Every character he plays he owns the part; you can see him in the person and the person in him. Then he starts all that yelling like only he can do and we fall out laughing. We love him!
8. A Long Kiss Goodnight ( loved him and Geena Davis in this movie. The funny parts of this movie was his wardrobe and when Genna pushed him out of a moving car on a busy street and he rolled to the curb, just layed there on his back, lit a cigarette as cars just drove past him. Geena came back and he was still laying there smoking; he calmly got up and his pants only came to his ankles and all you saw was bright white socks. Everytime my family see this we be on the floor crying.)
9. The Negotiator
10. The Man ( with Eugene Levy crazy funny movie they made a good team)
I love to get my laugh on; no matter how silly the movie might seem.
11. The American Pie trilogy ( stupidly hilarious)
12. Friday After Next (funny funny funny)
13. Love Stinks (never heard of this until I went to the library and it was on their for sale rack; bought it for $1.00. Laughed my butt off)
14. National Security (Martin Lwrence and Steve Zahn funny team)
Anything, anything with Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn!!!
15. There's Something About Mary
16. Meet the Parents (Ben and Owen)
17. Meet the Fockers
18. Night at the Museum part 1 (haven't seen 2 yet)
19. Starsky and Hutch (all three of them played in this I LOVED IT!!)
20. Wedding Crashers (Vince and Owen, hilarious)
21. Dodgeball (Vince and Ben, hilarious)
22. The Breakup (Vince and Jennifer A, funny)
23. BE COOL (if you like to laugh and you haven't seen this you're missing out. It has something for everybody and it is truely hysterical. Vince Vaughn is a straight up FOOL in this movie. This is the role that made me fall hard for him.)
I know, I know only seven more I promise. Old movies
21. The Bad Seed ( that little girl was something else)
22. A Tree Grows In Brooklyn (haven't seen this in since I was a child; love to see it again)
23 The Onion Field (another from my child hood)
Action and adventure Harrison (again) and Arnold both looking very manly, unshaven, kind of dusty and sweaty (like a fireman) one with a cool hat and swagger and one with pulsating muscles in an opened vest. Be still my quivering loins.)
24. Indiana Jones and the temple of doom
Putting the shoe on the other foot movies. Love these, any movie where the the tables are turned and the man is left to feel and go through what we women feel and go through when dealing with men and there crap. (Not all men)
26. Two can play that game
Here's my top ten....
Bed of Roses
Sex and the City
The Blind Side
the combination of sadsmile's and yummy's list's are my fav's !
1. The Notebook
2. Anne of Green Gables (all)
3. Crazy Beautiful
5. Spiderman (all)
6. Batman (all)
7. Transformers (all)
9. The Thorn Birds
10. Swept Away............and the list goes on and on
Movies I can think of right now:
1. Every James Bond Movie
2. Oceans 11, 12, 13
3. The Road
4. Time Traveler's Wife
5. The Mist
6. 28 Days Later, 28 weeks later
7. The Island
8. Resident Evil 1, 2, 3
and so much more...
I'm such a fan of disaster and end of the world movies. I also love horror and thriller movies.
2. Anne of Green Gables (all)
Yes, of course! Another one I can't believe I missed.
1) Amelié (looove the movie, love the music)
2) You've got mail (have seen it over 50 times!)
3) The devil wears Prada
4) Stranger than fiction
6) Meet the parents
7) Old school
*The War of the Roses
*I love you man
I may be losing my mind...I was just reading through this thread, and when I got to one particular post, I thought "Damn! She likes the same movies as me! Even the obscure one!" and then I realized...
I was reading my own post from a month ago.
Ohhhhh! OK, I'll play!
#1 alltime fave - Pulp Fiction!
2. Pay It Forward
3. My Sister's Keeper
4. The Notebook
5. Sweeney Todd
6. Inglorious Basterds
7. The Jerk
8. Finding Nemo
9. Pirates of the Carribbean (1st one)
10. The Pursuit of Happyness
And... when it comes out in a couple months, Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland with Johnny Depp will be high on the list!
Oh! and don't forget Phenomenon with John Travolta!
Sadsmile, my dad and I watch Fifth Element every single time its on TV which is all the time, Bzzzzzzz, haha Ruby Rod!
My top 10 or thereabout:
1. The Lady Vanishes (I am with the Hitchcock lovers)
3. Love Actually
5. Edward Scissor Hands
6. Sex and the City
7. A Bronx Tale
8. The Hangover
10. The Count of Montecristo (I never wanted to sit down and watch this but my dad swore I would love it, I love it!)