Drying Fondant

Decorating By cjcakie Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00am by cjcakie

cjcakie Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:46pm
post #1 of 7

Is there a way to speed up the drying and hardening of fondant accents?

6 replies
tlreetz Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #2 of 7

If you want them to be hard, you should use gumpaste. Gumpaste dries quickly and very hard... 100% fiondant can take days to dry!

icer101 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 7

i have always just put them in front of my small fans that i use for this purpose.. works great...

greengyrl26 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 7

add tylose to your fondant before making making your accents. This makes the fondant more like gumpaste. Dries hard as a rock and is more strudy than gumpaste. IMO...

lutie Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 7:14pm
post #5 of 7

I made snowflakes this past week the night before the cake was due, as I had been sick a week prior...read someplace on CC that a very smart person suggested you put your fondant pieces into the oven overnight with only the oven light on....IT WORKS! Fantastic idea! I placed parchment paper over my oven shelves and laid my pieces on it and wow, they were perfectly dry! Usually I add tylose powder, but in my stupor, I forgot...the snowflakes were perfect! Not one broke! You can see them on my photo page.

juststarted Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #6 of 7

WOW, putting in oven with lights on! neat idea!

cjcakie Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00am
post #7 of 7

Thanks all! I totally forgot to add tylose and had a rush job. My flowers weren't too sturdy! Oh well. There's always another cake! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%