Petit Fours

Decorating By debilou68 Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 12:32pm by cblupe

debilou68 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,, I hope someone can help. I have a request for 75-100 petitfours(?),, not sure if i'm spelling that right, but anyway, I have never made them and I dont have any idea how to charge for them. Can someone help? Recipe? How to figure cost on these? Thanks so much,,

6 replies
peg818 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 7

charge alot, many find them a pain to make. If you have time to order stuff you might want to check out the Kathy Scott molds, she has an ebay story by i don't know the name of it off hand. She has molds to make the petite fores and they are easy to use, but they are pricey.

debilou68 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 7

thank you ! I will definitely think about that.

LoriMc Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:28am
post #4 of 7

LisaMS on this site has a blog called Cakes and Cupboards that gives great directions for petit fours. I will post some I made for Christmas using her directions.

I went through tons of research trying to learn petit fours about two years ago, so feel free to pm me with any questions. I can give you some recommendations on poured fondant if you like1

Cake_Mooma Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:42am
post #5 of 7

I don't know but what I know as a petit four is made out of puff pastry and filled with fruit, pastry cream....

now I think I know what you are looking

what flavor cake do they want? What do they want for decorations. All I can say is treat it like you would a cake order.

I made a "cake" for a wedding and I charged $8.00 for each one.

Hope this gives you and idea. They are a pain to make because you are decorating each and every one. So remember, the more intricate the decoration the more time consuming the more you charge. I know it all sounds trivial but we don't think about these things sometimes icon_surprised.gif.

Here is the link to the one I did over the summer.

katwomen1up Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 11:20am
post #6 of 7

LoriMc. those are beautiful! I would love to learn how to do those. Any guidence would be appreciated.

Kat icon_biggrin.gif

cblupe Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 7

LoriMc ~ I went to LisaMS' blog and it's awesome. Thanks for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%