Pme Snowflake Cutters Help!!

Decorating By kerri729 Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 9:08pm by kerri729

kerri729 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerri729 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 11

So I did not purchase these soon enough and tried to do my snowflakes with RI, but they keep breaking on me, and the wedding is Thursday! I emailed 3 or 4 online stores who sell these to see if they could next day ship them to me, so I have them tomorrow, but no one has responded! I am starting to panick- does anyone on here have a store that they know is open or would be able to ship them to me today?
TIA
Kerri

10 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 11

Oh boy....good luck with that.

What is the problem with your RI flakes breaking? I manage to do them with no issues. Are you making sure your ends are meeting up? Handling very delicately? Your RI is the right consistency? You are drying them on parchment paper? They should slide right off, not sticking one little bit. I have always followed the Wilton can instructions, and never had any issues. What's going on?

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 11

Do you have some snowflake cookie cutters that you could use to cut out gumpaste ones. You could even pipe with royal over the gumpaste to make them fancier. Kind of like a cookie but more delicate looking.

kerri729 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 11

My RI ones are just breaking, but I did them on wax paper- duh, I suppose they would not stick at all to the parchment, I will try that. Good idea on the gumpaste decorated in RI- I will try both tonight- thanks for the advice!

yeastconfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yeastconfection Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:44pm
post #5 of 11

Where are you in Wisconsin? I live by the Wisconsin/Illinois border.....near Rockford Il.....I have the PME snowflake cutters.....if you were nearby, you could swing by and borrow them!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:58pm
post #6 of 11

You can also try adding tylose to your royal. Or roll GP very thin, let dry a bit, and use a snowflake paper puncher.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 11

look at my photos...I made the snowflakes out of thin fondant that I made (MMF) and cut them out with cookie cutters...put them in the oven overnight with just the oven light on...you can paint them with luster dust, if you choose...they worked great...and were very dainty looking...you could also put RI on them to make them more intricate...so easy and no stress!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 8:35pm
post #8 of 11

I wish I could help..... to get overnight, they have to be at the post office by 2:00 p.m. the day of shipping icon_sad.gif

Jen

LoriMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriMc Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 8:42pm
post #9 of 11

I always pipe my RI onto wax paper. As long as it has enough time to dry and doesn't have too much water added, it does fine. If you piped them today, they should be fine in 24 hours.

My only other thought if you don't get the cutters in time is maybe to try piping them with white candy melts. Never tried it before, but it could work.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 8:43pm
post #10 of 11

The candy melts is a great idea....I would try that.

Best wishes....

Jen icon_smile.gif

kerri729 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 9:08pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks for all the suggestions! Yeastconfections, I sent you a PM, Lutie, those snowflakes are fabulous! If mine turned out even half that good, I would be tickled!!! You guys are all so great- I just want this wedding cake for my dear friend to be perfect- Again THANK YOU ALL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%