Ever Made A Pizza-Sized Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookie?

Baking By pinky73 Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 4:41am by luv2bake6

pinky73 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 4

HI everyone, this request might be slightly off topic as far as decorating cookies but I thought I'd try...I had a friend many years ago who would make a pizza-sized (in a disposable pizza pan) Oatmeal Choc Chip Cookie for a person's birthday. They were moist, chewy and evenly baked throughout the cookie. I had once asked for the recipe but she was unable to hand it over citing a threat from the MIL who gave it to her...I understood where she was coming from. I have been on the hunt for that recipe ever since. I have come close to finding it but often come across "giant" cookie recipes which aren't exactly what I'm looking for. Could it be as simple as making an oatmeal choc chip cookie and blobbing all the dough in the pizza pan and baking? Thanks in advance for any help!

3 replies
artscallion Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 4

We used to make giant decorated choc chip cookies in a cookie shop I worked at. We used the same dough we used for the regular sized cookies. We did them on parchment on a regular cookie sheet. We would get a ball of dough (by weight...but don't remember how much) and press it out into an even circle, about 1/4 to 1/3 of an inch thick, 3/4 the size you want the cookie to end up being.

No need to be too perfect, as the spread during baking will even things out a little. But you do have to get it to a pretty even circle. You can use a 9 or 10" cake pan and a dull knife (one that wont cut the parchment) as a guide to trim.

pinky73 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you for the idea...I might just give it a go this weekend. Again, thank you for the info!

luv2bake6 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:41am
post #4 of 4

Yes, you'd take your fave cookie recipe and just blob into your pan. You have to try out different amounts till you get the consistency you like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%