Where To Get Custom Stencils?

Decorating By just_for_fun Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 3:00pm by Donnagardner

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:08am
post #1 of 14

Hi! I will be making cookies with a logo all in one color, and I want to have a stencil made. Where do I go to do this? It's too detailed for me to do it myself. TIA!!

13 replies
KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:25am
post #2 of 14

I am curious about the same thing. =)

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:28am
post #3 of 14

Go here
http://www.designerstencils.com/

Hope it helps!
Edna icon_smile.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:30am
post #4 of 14

Do you have a cricut or know someone who does? If that wouldn't work my guess would be someone who either designs logos or embrodiers. You might also check companies who make signs

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:53am
post #5 of 14

I'm so glad I saw this! I've been thinking very seriously about starting my own stencil business, but wasn't sure if there was much interest out there! Do you guys think this is something that a lot of "cakers" would go for? TIA!!!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:21am
post #6 of 14

I make cookie stencils with my cricut, that was part of the excitement of getting one in the beginning, now the cutting gumpate explosion!

Anyhow like dandelion56602 said if you know someone with a Cricut and SCAL they can make them for you easily. I buy food grade stencil sheets from confectionary house and amazon.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:40am
post #7 of 14

I don't have a cricut, but I will try to find someone who does. Or I will try the site Edna posted, once I get an email of the logo. Thanks all for your replies!!

tomsmom245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomsmom245 Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:48am
post #8 of 14

Cricut! You might go to a local scrapbooking store and see if they offer pay-per-use on their cricut. There is one in my area that does that with die cutting and such.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 7:16am
post #9 of 14

I love my cricut!
Edna icon_smile.gif

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 14

If you don't have a cricut or know someone who does,
you might want to look around town for someone who does custom laser cutting and engraving.
usually will be a place that does signs or plaques.
It shouldn't be too expensive if you already have the artwork as that is the most expensive part.
The laser time (the time the laser is actually on to cut the logo) shouldn't be more than a minute or two max depending on the size and intricacy of the logo.

Also how much it costs will depend on how fast you need it and how busy they are.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:59pm
post #11 of 14

What settings & blade type do you use when cutting a stencil with the Cricut? I failed miserably when I tried cutting a stencil with my Cricut using the deep housing blade.

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 9:08pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

What settings & blade type do you use when cutting a stencil with the Cricut? I failed miserably when I tried cutting a stencil with my Cricut using the deep housing blade.

For just the clear food stencil sheets no need for the deep cut blade, for a basic design; Depth 6, Speed 3, Pressure 5

For more intricate design; Depth 6, Speed 2, Pressure 4-5

There is an awesome cutting guide that I use it is offered for free from "above rubies studio" it is extremely helpful, she did alot of research. HTH, Andrea

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by andpotts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecrn

For just the clear food stencil sheets no need for the deep cut blade, for a basic design; Depth 6, Speed 3, Pressure 5

For more intricate design; Depth 6, Speed 2, Pressure 4-5

There is an awesome cutting guide that I use it is offered for free from "above rubies studio" it is extremely helpful, she did alot of research. HTH, Andrea

Thx!!! That's so helpful!

Donnagardner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnagardner Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:00pm
post #14 of 14

Good ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%