What Goes Best With Fondant

Baking By Kati81 Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 4:43pm by Mug-a-Bug

Kati81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kati81 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 4

What kinds of cake goes best with fondant. I have made one fondant cake and I used boxed chocolate and yellow cake. I am going to do MMF again but would like to jaz it up with a different cake recipe.

thanks

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 4

I'm not sure if I'm understamding the question. You can just about cover any cake with fondant and not have a problem, except for a really soft cake like Angel food. If your trying to match flavors, that doesn't really matter as well. Fondant kind of blends with whatever as it's main use is for decorating, not enhancing cake flavor, though you can make a tasty fondant that most people will enjoy. I say most, cause some can never get past the texture of fondant. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 4

Hi and Welcome to CC, Kati81. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - and so much more.

HTH

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 4

I like lorann oils to flavor my MMF. Put a little chocolate hazelnut in their for a chocolate cake or cheesecake flavor on a white cake. DELICIOUS. The possibilities are endless. Have fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%