Wilton Markers

Decorating By motherofgrace Updated 1 Jan 2010 , 3:16pm by alene

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 12

Hi, I know that Americolor pens are the best lol, but I am not about to pay 30+ dollars for it to be shipped here lol.

So, Are the wilton ones any good at all?

11 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 12

I've only used the Wilton markers and I love them. I'm still using the first box I got above a year and half ago, and they're still going strong. If you hold the marker more verticle you get a finer line. I have not had a single problem with them and love them. Hope that helps.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 12

thanks!!!!

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:57am
post #4 of 12

I have the wilton pens and I have the ones that the tips are soft (IDK if they are all like that) but I feel I have no control over them I have used them a couple of times and still not that into them. I might have to try them again.

Vic

cownsj Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 12

If you go for them, look at the box, they are marked "fine tip", those are the ones you want.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 2:47pm
post #6 of 12

I have the fine and the broad tipped Wilton pens and love them. I even have a set of the Betty Crocker ones too and they do fine as well. The BC ones are super cheap but I honestly don't know if they sell them anymore.

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 12

I hate the Wilton pens, what they call fine point is still too fat of a tip. I prefer to spend for the Americolor ones, it's not like they run out all that fast and they are a better quality with alot more colors to choose from than Wilton's standard 5.

Good Luck & Happy New Year!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:15am
post #8 of 12

I have them both and do prefer the fine tipped. However, I find that they run out quickly and don't give you really deep color (it looks sort of faded). I would invest in the Americolor. icon_smile.gif

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:15pm
post #9 of 12

I haven't ued the Wilton much but my husband seems to like them alright, he used them to do the gum paste placks on my GS's Kung Fu Panda cake.

cownsj Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:54pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I have the fine and the broad tipped Wilton pens and love them. I even have a set of the Betty Crocker ones too and they do fine as well. The BC ones are super cheap but I honestly don't know if they sell them anymore.

Your post had me curious so I tried to telephone BC yesterday. After being on hold for 45 minutes (I was doing other things during that time as well), it kept hearing about how I could email or fax, or whatever else I finally figured they never did intend to actually take a real phone call so I hung up. I did go through their site though and could not find anything to indicate they still offer the markers.

m1m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m1m Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:07pm
post #11 of 12

I use the Wilton ones to write messages on plaques.

alene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alene Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:16pm
post #12 of 12

I bought the Wilton Bold Tip and don't like them at all, wouldn't waste my money on them. Maybe the fine tip is better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%