The Mixer Was Bent And Peeling- A Bit Long

Decorating By NJCakeDiva Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 9:39pm by shanasweets

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 5

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post icon_cry.gif . Good Day to all! I received a wonderful present from my sister and brother -in- law. They saw how bad I wanted my very own Kitchen Aid mixer, so for Christmas, they purchased one. Well, first off that has to be one of the sweetest things anyone ever bought for me ( not to mention pricey). They were so excited when they gave it to me.

Fast forward to two days later and I opened the box to get my first taste of no labor buttercream mixing, only to find that on the lower left hand corner the empire red paint/enamel was peeling and the mixer doesn't sit completely flat on the counter (as if it were bent or defective).

I told them about it and they are going to take it back where it was purchased. I have been doing some research on it and it seems that a few people have had various problems with KSM95WH (Ultra Power Tilt Head 4.5 Qt Stand Mixer.
Should we return it for the same one or aim for a different model? Any opinions or reviews would be greatly appreciated

4 replies
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

i have that one, and mine is fine... they probally just had a bad batch or something... I got mine last christmas icon_smile.gif HTH

NJCakeDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NJCakeDiva Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

i have that one, and mine is fine... they probally just had a bad batch or something... I got mine last christmas icon_smile.gif HTH

-Sweetheart- Thanks for your comment. I have been reading some old threads that seem to indicate that KA's are not as reliable as they used to be. How often do you use your mixer and can it handle buttercream and fondant well?

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:24pm
post #4 of 5

um i used it 2-3 times a week, butter cream PERFECT lol.... fondant I havent tried yet. But lots of people do it with success

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 5

I don't have that exact model, but my husband bought our kitchen aid almost 6 years ago. i do everything in, buttercream, fondant, made marshmallows this past week, they weren't thick, but whipped for 15min. I don't think I could live without mine. Was so happy to make cinnimon rolls with the knead hook and not have to knead that sucker for 10 min.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%