Really Need Help On This One...

Decorating By Misdawn Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 10:34pm by all4cake

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 4

I need some ideas for a birthday cake for my best friend. I'm drawing a blank. I am planning to make Italian Creme Cake because that is her favorite.

A few things about her:
It's her 35th birthday.
She is of Italian descent and VERY proud of it.
She is a single mother of three (a teenage girl and identical twin 10 yo boys).
She loves the "Fat Italian Chefs" kitchen decor, tequila, and MEN (not necessarily in that order!)

This last year has been really hard for her and I want to do something great, but I'm stumped. I'm hoping that my friends here on CC can help. If you guys can't help me...no one can! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 4

You know how a clown suit is made ...with suspenders and a band around it to give the appearance of roundness?

What if...

You made several Fat Italian Chefs...one or two with their chef jackets off exposing a fine physique (using the whole clown suit idea here) with suspendered fat pants on serving her tequilas as she's squishing grapes in a barrel...LOL

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 4

I like that idea of making a chef, but I don't think I understand how it's done. ???

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 4

I think multiple fat chefs but one or two without the chef coat(leading one to think underneath every fat chef is a hunk waiting to emerge....)

If I were to attempt it, I'd use the mini ball pan/mini doll pan for the upper portion of the pants...form a shell with gumpaste then attach legs and shoes to it(making sure to add spaghetti or whatever supports you opt for and exposed to help support the hunky torso). Model a hunky torso and attach to exposed supports(maybe he can be sporting sassy boxers/g-string(ugh)/briefs/tidy-whities(ugh)/speedo(oof ugh)...attach suspenders then finally a head...allowing each section to dry independently before gluing together.

The ones that still have their chef coats on can be modeled normally(without the use of the mini ball pan/mini doll pan).

something like this...(I really wish I was better at explaining)

http://rlv.zcache.com/plastic_pants_postcard-p239232678950586976trah_210.jpg

http://www.retrojunk.com/img/art-images/antsinthepantscomponents.jpg

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%