Fireworks Decorations?

Decorating By cakebuds Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 1:19pm by cakebuds

cakebuds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebuds Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make some fireworks for a cake this week. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

5 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 6

i did some icing fireworks behind my cinderella castle. Using wires i piped small tip 14 stars along wires, both sides. gathered the wires together and then wrapped them onto a bamboo skewer to insert into the cake, since i needed them to sit high up. then spread them out on a slight curve. one of the wilton books shows how to do them like this behind the statue of liberty cake. my castle is in my photos.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:06am
post #3 of 6

I used colored RI to make squiggles and arcs I stuck into star mounds of BC around the top border on the Fourth of July cake I made. They looked pretty cool and 3D.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 5:23am
post #4 of 6

.moving to Ideas forum. icon_smile.gif

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 6:16am
post #5 of 6

If it was me, I would do three things.

First, I would pipe some 2-D images of shooting fireworks on different parts of the cake.(sides top etc.)

Second, I would try to make 3 or 5 RI fireworks on the end of some rigid wire to be inserted in the cake. Colors and lustre dust would come in handy here.

Third, I would get a small battery operated fiber optic kit from the floral dept. at a Michael's. It is about $7.

Prepare wire and fiber optic kit to not come in direct contact with the cake and you are ready to go.

Use odd numbers of decorations on the cake. The odd numbers fool the eye into not looking for symmetry.

cakebuds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebuds Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 1:19pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! I will post a pic when I am finished with this cake so you all can see what I have come up with!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%