What Printer Do You Reccomend?

Decorating By Lynn929 Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 3:45pm by icingimages

Lynn929 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 2

Hello Everyone!!! Is there anyone that has an Epson or Canon Printer for their ebile image work? I am trying to see which has the better ratings before I buy. Thanks In Advance

1 reply
icingimages Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 2

Hi: I have been selling printers for over 10 years and have seen a lot. We originally went with Canon in the very begining, when all the edible printing came to the consumer levels. The Canons were choosen because they had a removable printhead. This made it easier to clean out clogs. Back then, clogs were very normal. As time progressed, we looked in to other printers that may work. We had tested the Epsons and found that since printers can clog by nature, it was too hard to get the Epson clean if a problem arouse because it did not have a removable printhead. So we went back to the Canon. A few years back, Canon introduced the microchip on the printer which made it so the people who were making knock off inks could not do this. Afterall, Canon made its money on the consumables and if people were making inks, they were not making money. So, we decided rather than go the Epson route, we had already experimented with, we choose to stock Canon printers until a solution was found...which it was. Now, the chip you hear about is available readily in the market. More recently, we experiment with a new ink. This is the Gold Label you hear so much about. The cartridge is different as there is no sponge. We are able to put more ink in the cartridge and we have found as a result that the printheads in the Canon's are not clogging. It is pretty remarkable as in all the time we have been in business we have never had an ink that wouldn't clog. So needless to say, we are very excited. Now we are experimenting in with Epsons with this new ink and we are finding some good results. We are hoping to expand in to this market, but they will be sold probably as a non warrentied product as there is no way to clean the Epson if it clogs. Not quite sure yet. I would highly suggest that you request samples of printed products from a company that sells the Epson and one that sells the Canon. I would also suggest that you call and talk to the people from an Epson based company and a Canon based company. Ask questions. If you like both products, then service is extremely imporant. Who will answer your questions if you have them. Who will get you product quickly. Price wise, you will find they are comparable so you really want a company that you like, that is knowledgeable and who gets you product quickly.

You will find users who are happy and who arn't happy with both. Alot depends on where they get supplies and how often they use it. You can have people who use both printers, if they do not use them regularly they may hate them. I hope this helps. and I will be glad to answer any questions you have. You can reach Kristen or myself toll free at 888-442-4648 9-5pm est. I am always available here or by email at sales@icingimages.com. Good Luck and have fun! You will really enjoy your printer and all the fun things you can do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%