How Many Of You Cc Would Like To Have Comments !!!

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 10:31pm by motherofgrace

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 8:44pm
post #61 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

I dont see what is so wrong with trying to get a few more people to comment?

Please, tell me, what is wrong with that????

Nothing is wrong with that -Sweetheart -

Reading some of these posts makes me laugh actually -
On one hand people are saying in this topic "i don't need nice comments" yet if you look under their photos you will note that they have actually said " thankyou for your lovely comments"

icon_confused.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Seems it is the ole mentality of ......when in a group be brave -
When standing alone be meek

Perhaps those who really don't want comments - or appreciation should not bother writting epics about what their cake entails - and just leave a note saying "no comments required" - then we can just click out of their photo and remember to ignore them in future.

Altho the point of doing that would be ..........................? icon_confused.gif

Haven't there even been threads from the Mods to please help clear the back log of photos - thumbs_up.gif

I guess some people are just farrrrrrr to busy to leave a polite comment -

But wait ......they have plenty of time to post in 80% of threads icon_wink.gif

*cough*

Bluehue.

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 8:52pm
post #62 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

[Sweetheart-"]

But wait ......they have plenty of time to post in 80% of threads icon_wink.gif

Oh, oh, that's me!! But threads don't drop massive cookies and clog up the signal, or take 5 minutes to load. *cough* icon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 8:55pm
post #63 of 82

Actually, it's not the unwillingness to comment, it's the confusion behind commenting. For example: "Please critiques", someone leaves a critique and then gets told they are way too harsh, not nice, etc.,etc. OR "Please comment" and gets left comments like "Nice job" and then the response to that is, if all your going to say is nice job, then just don't comment OR "Why isn't anyone commenting" and then the photo has like 20 comments along with a 100 favoriteds, so it's like, what more can someone say about that cake? Your damend if you do, your damned if you don't. I comment on the cakes I like and just don't say anything about the ones that need improvement. It's easier. And I don't feel like ANYONE on here should feel obligated to have to comment. If you do great, and it is always appreciated, if you don't, I understand.

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:18pm
post #64 of 82

Blessings

I don't post my photos with any expectations. You can't control whether someone comments or not. If no one comments on my photos does not mean my pictures aren't good. I just look at it as people didn't comment because they didn't want to.

Either way, I am the one who validates me and the work that I create. To receive comments, yeah it's nice but not to receive any doesn't bother me. If I did my best then that is all that I can do. If something didn't turn out the way that I liked, then I will ask for other's opinion on how to make it better. If I get responses from my asking, then so be it. But if I don't I don't lose any sleep over the situation.

Case in point, I asked for help on how I can make my Football Helmut Cake ... that I just posted yesterday ... better, and thus far I have not received any responses. But that is so okay with me. Somebody put it as one of their favorites, and I truly appreciate that! I know I will continue to practice my Helmut cake until I am satisfied with my method of doing it.

It doesn't bother me that I am new to cake decorating ... on this level ... and so many other decorators are more experienced than me. I know they were once in my shoes (being new) and I will one day be in theirs. Whether you are new to the game or not it's not a matter of being better, to me it's simply a matter of experience.

I have no problem commenting on someone else's creation.

_Jamie_ Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:20pm
post #65 of 82

Is the Critique Subgroup still around? That's a good thing to get involved with. Good feedback and suggestions on what to do differently the next time you do a cake. I always liked that idea.

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:30pm
post #66 of 82

I think it's great to recive a comment, even if it's "nice job". Someone has opened my picture to actually see it and spent a few seconds to tell me: I saw it and I think it's nice. And that's what I do every time I open CC page. I watch peoples pictures and I comment. We can always find something nice about it.

My first comments on my cakes MEANT A LOT TO ME because as I said before, I've being learning by myself everything in here.

So I comment, and I've being doing it if since 2006. Only recently I started posting on forums. (I don't say I haven't being reading posts, I have, because when I wanted to know something I usually made "search" on forum topics).

CC gave me and keeps giving me plenty, and an essential part of it for me are commenting and reading comments.
And when I like a cake I DO read all the comments the cakes have, because most times tips come on the comments (answers from the decorator made by CCers) and that saves a PM. Not only my PM but from several others CCers that read the comments to.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:33pm
post #67 of 82

anamado- exactly icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:34pm
post #68 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Actually, it's not the unwillingness to comment, it's the confusion behind commenting. For example: "Please critiques", someone leaves a critique and then gets told they are way too harsh, not nice, etc.,etc. OR "Please comment" and gets left comments like "Nice job" and then the response to that is, if all your going to say is nice job, then just don't comment OR "Why isn't anyone commenting"

Never have i seen the above on any photo i have ever clicked on - and yes, i know i haven't been here as long as most of you - so i get told moe often than not -
Sure some don't respond to questions they have been asked -
Perhaps they PM the answers -
I know i have PM'd some with long winded answers - - at lest i know that way the member asking the question actually gets to see the answer.

Is it an actual time frame that the photos are up for - or is it after a photo recieves a comment or two they shuffle along out of the line?

and then the photo has like 20 comments along with a 100 favoriteds, so it's like, what more can someone say about that cake? Your damend if you do, your damned if you don't. I comment on the cakes I like and just don't say anything about the ones that need improvement. It's easier. And I don't feel like ANYONE on here should feel obligated to have have or leave to comment. If you do great, and it is always appreciated, if you don't, I understand.

Well thats the area that has sent this thread pear shape -
If people do wish to leave a comment - and say something pleasant - why on earth does that make the reciever needy or requiring valadation?

If someone wants to leave a polite comment - then that is their perogative ...surely?
Unless as i said above - if you don't want a comment - tag your photos with that very comment. = "no comment required - thankyou"

I don't see it as rocket science -
Either one leaves a comment or one doesn't.

I will be honest - i received a pm some time back statng that "your cakes are all the same - ho hum icon_rolleyes.gif "
Yet the comment left under that particular cake photo was very polite and complimentry

What was the point of responding -

My cliental comes to me because i provide a certain style of cake -
If they wanted all white with a red rose plonked on top then they would have gone to XYZ down the road -

From where i sit - it doesn't make either one of us a better *caker*
Its just a case of seeing the cake world through different eyes.

Just as i like to comment on cakes and other don't -

Bluehue

_Jamie_ Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:37pm
post #69 of 82

Your cakes are all the same, ho hum. Wow. That was rude!

skeet1zp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
skeet1zp Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:44pm
post #70 of 82

I'm someone who posts "nice job" comments. Not because I feel the need to write a generic comment, but mostly because I don't have a lot of time to write lengthy comments. I also don't mind when I get those types of comments in return neither. I assume the person is as busy as I am.

When I was new to the site I would be surprised to see a lot of views, but little to no comments made on a cake. Now that I have a little time under my belt I realize that you don't have time to make comments on every single cake you view. Now I typically check how many views/favorites my cakes receive.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:53pm
post #71 of 82

Does anyone else feel like deleting all of their photos? icon_rolleyes.gif

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 9:59pm
post #72 of 82

If i received a "negative" comment, i would hope that it is followed up by a referral to a helpful thread or some type of constructive criticism. As people grow, they see their work in a different light. When i first started decorating, what i considered smooth buttercream is totally different from what i consider smooth now, so i wouldn't have appreciated someone saying "Your buttercream is crappy" without referring me to a "how to get smooth buttercream" tutorial, so i could REALLY see what smooth is AND appreciate their opinion. Otherwise, it's just their opinion and you know what those are like.....(smile).

anamado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anamado Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:00pm
post #73 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Why do you feel like that?

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:03pm
post #74 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Please don't I get a lot of inspiration from seeing other's cakes. If everyone does that I think that part of the purpose of cc gets lost!!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif and people like me enjoy seeing other people's talent!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:05pm
post #75 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

I actually had a bride email me that once! icon_lol.gif I did respond to her, thanking her for checking our website and pointing out that ".....the cakes you see on my site are actual cakes ordered by my actual brides. I tend to make the cake my bride wants at her wedding, just like I would make the exact cake YOU wanted at your wedding, whether it looked like a cake I'd previously made or not." icon_twisted.gif

Didn't see any harm because I was pretty sure she wasn't gonna come callin' anyway! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:10pm
post #76 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

I actually had a bride email me that once! icon_lol.gif I did respond to her, thanking her for checking our website and pointing out that ".....the cakes you see on my site are actual cakes ordered by my actual brides. I tend to make the cake my bride wants at her wedding, just like I would make the exact cake YOU wanted at your wedding, whether it looked like a cake I'd previously made or not." icon_twisted.gif

Didn't see any harm because I was pretty sure she wasn't gonna come callin' anyway! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Oh for pete's sake...I would have loved that. I would have said, "Well thank God! I just know you're going to order something different and break this monotony that these other boring brides have set!" icon_twisted.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #77 of 82
Quote:

Oh for pete's sake...I would have loved that. I would have said, "Well thank God! I just know you're going to order something different and break this monotony that these other boring brides have set!" icon_twisted.gif

ROFL!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh that is so good! Where were you when I wanted a REALLY good smart-a$$ response!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Bluehue Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:18pm
post #78 of 82
Quote:

I thought it hilairious that they felt the need to leave a polite comment - followed by that PM.

Whats funnier is that thier signiture line was all about *being a true & kind christian*

Now thats funny. icon_lol.gificon_smile.gif

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:22pm
post #79 of 82

I very rarely comment - i favorite cakes that i really love or have used a technique or cartoon character that I want to try. i simply look at pics for inspiration and dont feel the need to comment on them. it does take a lot of time if you think about every single cake pic you open and like others, im usually on this site at about 1pm winding down from a nights caking so i can't be bothered to comment.....

also i do think those comments asking for step by step instructions to be pm'd to them on a really intricate cake are hilarious - i would pm the baker only and ask a very few critical questions not for a tutorial - people really do not have that much time icon_rolleyes.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:26pm
post #80 of 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:

I thought it hilairious that they felt the need to leave a polite comment - followed by that PM.

Whats funnier is that thier signiture line was all about *being a true & kind christian*

Now thats funny. icon_lol.gificon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif ROTFLMAO How did you not pee on yourself from laughter after reading the PM followed by their siggy?

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:31pm
post #81 of 82

Thanks everyone for your opinions! This thread is now closed. Happy Holidays!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 10:31pm
post #82 of 82

hahahah geez!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%