Delivering A Cake Tomorrow Morning And The Bottom Cracked

Decorating By mandy79 Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 6:17pm by LaBellaFlor

mandy79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandy79 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 4:14am
post #1 of 5

I am making my second wedding cake (an ambitious one at that), the bride wanted chocolate, carrot and cheesecake tiered. I thought it would be fine and the small cakes, 6" and 8" were a breeze. Unfortunately the 12" cracked, in more than one place....what do i do. i dont have time to bake these three flavours over again what do you suggest i do. I was thinking to hollow out the center and place something really sturdy in the middle...cover it with fondant of course and just let the bride know.
any advice
Thanks

4 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 4:25am
post #2 of 5

Are all three tiers composed of three different flavored cake layers... Is that why you can't rebake the 12 inch?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand at all what you want to do to save the 12" layer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandy79

I was thinking to hollow out the center and place something really sturdy in the middle...cover it with fondant..

mandy79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandy79 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 5

yes that was the problem. the 12" was all three flavors. Well I delivered it. It held up okay. one of the cracked showed a little and I covered it with frosting. It was a risk...but I had no choice. Thanks for your time though

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 5

Chocolate, carrot and cheesecake all layered in one cake?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 5

Yeha, I can't see eating those three in one bite either. Definetly the cheesecake with the carrot or the chocolate with the cheesecake. But all three, interesting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%