Anyone Have Problems With Ka Blades Hitting Bowl???

Decorating By Malakin Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 8:10pm by tatechloeandlucysmom

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 1:51am
post #1 of 9

Anyone ever have a problem with their motorhead on the KA Artisian leaning too far forward to where the beaters/blades hit the bottom of the bowl? If I lift the head and hold it up slightly it works perfect. I am trying to decide whether to send it to the factory to be repaired or just trash it. Shipping isn't bad, only approx. $34.00 round trip. It's just that they can't even supply me with a ball park figure on how much it might cost to repair it. I am going to try to tighten the screw on the bottom like they suggested but that doesn't seem to be loose at all.
Just curious on how to fix it and if anyone has sent theirs to the factory for repair and how much? TIA..

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 1:54am
post #2 of 9

Yes I had that problem when the screw inside the neck when you tip the head back was tightened too hard.The head was wobbly so I tightened it and the beaters began to scrape the bottom of the bowl.I loosened it up again and it stopped.

Malakin Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 9

Hey, it's worth a try. t doesn't seem too tight or too loose. It doesn't wobble side to side at all, or up and down, it just doesn't sit level with the counter which is what the lady at KA factory said it should. I live in a rural area with no repair shop within 200 miles one way!

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 9

I adjusted the head when I tightened the screw.I had to do it a few times as it slightly rubbed so I found out in the end the screw needed to be quite loose but not falling out otherwise the beaters leaned too far forward into the bowl and scraped.

Malakin Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 12:07pm
post #5 of 9

YES!!! Here's the story. Went to Goodwill....was just looking around with my xmas gift money...then they brought out a cart. On it was a big KA box. I grabbed it, thinking something else was in it, like an old mixer to replace the KA shown on the box. Nope, it was a big pink shiny Artisian with ALL attachments. Took it over to the corner to check it out and plug it in but it didn't work. The beaters scraped the bottom of the bowl. The sound was horrendous and it put a strain on the motorhead.
Darn...I almost put it back, but I didn't. I paid the $35.00 and brought it home hoping something could be done. The original price tag on the unit was $299.99. Nothing I could afford as a hobby baker....
Long story short, my husband tightened one little screw, just one, turned it barely to the right, the one under the motorhead that you see when you lift the head up. Not the one underneath the unit like the factory suggested. It works like a dream!!! God and Goodwill will provide!!!

Kiddiekakes Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:35pm
post #6 of 9

Yup..That's the screw I was talking about!!! Good for you ..and a pink one..I love pink!!!

CakeDiosa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiosa Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 9

WOOOWWW!!! What are the odds????

SCORE one for the home team!!!!

Congrats on your BRAND NEW $35.00 KA!!!! That's so awesome....

Enjoy!

tatechloeandlucysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 8:06pm
post #8 of 9

Ya know, I truely believe that sometimes good things just happen to good people. icon_smile.gif CONGRATS!!! I love love love stories like this! icon_smile.gif Merry Christmas, right? .... and they say there isn't a Santa! icon_wink.gif

tatechloeandlucysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 8:10pm
post #9 of 9

Oh, I'm sorry, I just read it to the hubby and had to add.... THE PINK ONE ROCKS!!! And yes, God is amazing and look what happens when you're just lookin' around! HE must have amazing things in store for you! .... gonna go look at your cakes now I think! lol icon_smile.gif WHAT A COOL START TO THE NEW YEAR! xo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%