Can I Make Royal Icing Cookie Decoration Before Hand?

Baking By niccicola Updated 27 Dec 2009 , 5:43pm by niccicola

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 3

I have a LARGE order that includes lots of different baked goods, one of which is 300 cookies.

I'm wondering if I can go ahead and make the royal icing decorations (smiley face & basketball designs) so that when I am done baking i can get them finished faster.

Or, do you think doing chocolate transfers would work better?

I'm trying to take every shortcut I can with this order LOL I have 100 brownies, 112 cake pops, 62-serving 3-tiered cake, and 300 cookies. All by Friday 8am.

TIA!

2 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 3

Of course!! Anything you can do ahead of time will save you time and Royal Icing lasts a looooooooong time. icon_biggrin.gif Have you worked with chocolate transfer sheets before? Because now is not the time to learn. If you know what you are doing and can troubleshoot effectively, and you are comfortable, then go that route. But if not, stick to what you do know and do it ahead of time. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 3

well, not the transfer sheets. I'm talking about chocolate transfers just like FBCT, except not frozen.

I use melted chocolate transfers exclusively, but wasn't quite sure how it would work on a cookie.

DUH! Of course royal icing last forever-i should have known as I have TONS of tupperware flowers/leaves/things in my closet.[/u]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%