Castle Cake

Decorating By krm52200 Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 10:24pm by juststarted

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 9

I've been asked to make a castle cake using some of the lovely cakes here as inspiration. I made one a few years ago for my daughter and I learned a few things from that experience, but if anyone has any "been there, done that" advice it would be greatly appreciated. This cake will need to be transported to the party, so what has me stumped right now is securing the turrets to the board.

Thanks in advance!

KRM

8 replies
kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 3:01pm
post #2 of 9

I have a castle cake tutorial on the cakeboss web site under "Cake Stuff". Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 3:53pm
post #3 of 9

First of all, what are your turrets made from? I made mine out of RKT, cut a small notch in the corners of my cake and used buttercream to secure it both into the cake itself and onto the cake board. Not sure if that helps....

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:48am
post #4 of 9

I have used the Wilton kit and secured everything with candy melts.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:56am
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

I have a castle cake tutorial on the web site under "Cake Stuff". Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

That's AWESOME! Thanks so much!!!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 4:05am
post #6 of 9

I am making the Wilton kit this week for my baby girl, whose birthday is New Year's Eve!

Good Luck!

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 6:28am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

I have a castle cake tutorial on the web site under "Cake Stuff". Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

Kelleym what an amazing tutorial. I want to make this cake tomorrow just for fun!!! icon_biggrin.gif boy the things that entertain us!!

Vic

krm52200 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krm52200 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 12:32pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much for the replies! The tutorial is perfect, explains things so clearly. I can't wait to give it a try.

juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 9

It's so funny, I clicked on this post thinking I'm gonna post the link to Cakeboss tutorial!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%