Chocolate Frame

Decorating By mayatlan Updated 28 Dec 2009 , 7:47pm by icer101

mayatlan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayatlan Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 7:28am
post #1 of 10

Hi:

Can someone help me ? I need to make a chocolate frame. It will be used with an edible photo.
Is there any tutorial, or any idea how to do it?
Any help will be very much appreaciated.

Thank you so much for your help.

9 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 7:46am
post #2 of 10

Google "frame mold for chocolate."

HTH

mayatlan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayatlan Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 10:14am
post #3 of 10

Thank you !! I will do that.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 2:30pm
post #4 of 10

They are very easy to make. Just pour your frame (put melted choc. in it) and let harden. If using white choc. you can brush super pearl on it for a nice mother of pearl look. Then I cut my pic to size, put a VERY light coating of clear piping gel on the picture area and stick the pic on. I usually pipe a boarder of royal icing around the pic, something very small. It gives it a very nice finished look.

HTH!

Jen icon_smile.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 10

You can also put your picture in the mold upside down and pour the chocolate right on top of it. This way it becomes one with the frame

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 3:58pm
post #6 of 10

A friend of mine just did this for a wedding cake a few weeks ago and used basically the same method Jennifer describes. Her frames came out beautifully and everyone was just amazed that it was made from chocolate. She did use some of the super pearl on the frames as well and it really made them pop.

Good luck!

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 10

Actually, I just made a bunch of these for my daughters birthday and I cut the edible image first and put it in the mold and poured the chocolate over the pictures so it was integrated into the chocolate. They came out perfect. I used white chocolate then used some luster dust mixed with alcohol and painted the little outline around the frame for some contrast. I just made sure that once the picture was in the middle of the frame where I wanted it, then put the melted chocolate around the edges first to make sure and fill in the details then ran the chocolate over the picture evenly but quickly so they didn't move. They came out great.
LL

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 10

Christina, these are GORGEOUS!!!

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:14pm
post #9 of 10

Thank you so much! All the kids loved them. They especially thought it was funny that they got to "eat" my daughter =)

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Dec 2009 , 7:47pm
post #10 of 10

WOW!!! christina222..yours are superb... love the edible image way..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%