Cake Boss Software Calculating Program

Business By CakesUnleashed Updated 11 Feb 2014 , 7:45pm by SweetShop5

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 12:30am
post #91 of 111

A browser-based HTML version (which could be used by iPhones, iPads, tablets, Macs, Linux, etc) is currently in Alpha testing and we are shooting for a release by the end of the year. thumbs_up.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 12:35am
post #92 of 111

Quickbooks has both iPad and iPhone versions if you decide to go that route instead.

tweetytlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweetytlg Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 1:08am
post #93 of 111

I really wanna order the Cake Boss Software and won't buy any other software until they have the iPad release! Thank you

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 1:22am
post #94 of 111

I haven't heard an answer to this -- I know you can track cake orders and recipes, but how about pricing extras -- gumpaste flowers, chocolate pearls, etc.? How does that figure in, or does it with this program?

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 1:44am
post #95 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I haven't heard an answer to this -- I know you can track cake orders and recipes, but how about pricing extras -- gumpaste flowers, chocolate pearls, etc.? How does that figure in, or does it with this program?

There is a "Master Materials" list... It typically has things like cake boards, ribbon, any "non-recipe" items, but you can add whatever you like to it... so if you have fixed prices for your items (flowers, chocolate pearls, etc...) you can add it to the Master Materials list. Then when you are pricing an order you can add however many you like of that item to the order. HTH

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 1:14pm
post #96 of 111

Thanks Happy Cake! That helps! icon_biggrin.gif

BabyCakes16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyCakes16 Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 2:16pm
post #97 of 111

bobwonderbuns wrote:

There is a "Master Materials" list... It typically has things like cake boards, ribbon, any "non-recipe" items, but you can add whatever you like to it... so if you have fixed prices for your items (flowers, chocolate pearls, etc...) you can add it to the Master Materials list. Then when you are pricing an order you can add however many you like of that item to the order. HTH

This helps me too! I just bought this 2 nights ago and was wondering this same thing. I am a little overwhelmed but it is user friendly. Just takes time to figure out. I would highly recommend it! At first I thought I cant spend $150 on this, but now I know it's worth every penny!!

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 7:56am
post #98 of 111

Can i use cake boss on my Samsung galaxy tablet?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 2:59pm
post #99 of 111

Rikke, Not currently because at it's current release the software is installed on a Windows PC or laptop. That said they are working on a new html based version of the software so keep your eyes open for the next release to see what browsers will be supported.

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 12:41am
post #100 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine 

I have to laugh at the person who thought this is an expensive program. I am having to look for a program to run my pos system for my cupcake shop. Try $30,000 price tag! As I have said before I also own a dance studio and the management program we use to run the academy had a $500 price tag...$149 ($134.10 for CC members) is quite affordable. Cake Boss paid for itself with my first two wedding cake orders!

The customer service in and of itself is priceless! Yes it is priceless, meaning you don't pay an extra dime for support! Can't say that for other business management programs!

I read POS and think "piece of S**t"....lol... I know it means "point of sale" but it made me laugh! Thanks for the giggle

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 12:46am
post #101 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym 

A browser-based HTML version (which could be used by iPhones, iPads, tablets, Macs, Linux, etc) is currently in Alpha testing and we are shooting for a release by the end of the year. thumbs_up.gif

Any news on this yet? want to get a software for organizing my small business but I need it to sync with my tablet/phone since that is what comes with me for consultations and booking when I am not in my office. Thanks!

dmeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dmeye Posted 31 Mar 2013 , 3:47pm
post #102 of 111

AI would love and iPad version but need the software now. Is this version coming at the end of 2013? It would be nice if there was just an upgrade fee and would not have to purchase it again.

bakermhoi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermhoi Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 11:10pm
post #103 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmeye 

I would love and iPad version but need the software now. Is this version coming at the end of 2013? It would be nice if there was just an upgrade fee and would not have to purchase it again.

hi dmeye,

i'm not sure if you'll be okay with this one: 

http://www.cakebaker.co.uk/the-cakeulator-iphone-app.html

hope it can suit your needs. 

i just came across that site when i was searching google for baking software.

bakermhoi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermhoi Posted 23 Sep 2013 , 11:16pm
post #104 of 111

another thing, they also have other apps too:

http://www.cakebaker.co.uk/apps-for-bakers-category.html

too bad i can't try it yet, not until i get a better iphone or an ipad this time, or whichever, that can handle new apps.

BahaQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BahaQueen Posted 27 Sep 2013 , 2:46pm
post #105 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelleym 

Hi There.  Just purchased this software last night.  I feel like a kid in a candy store.  My question is whats the update on installing cake boss on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet, it's 8 Years later since this post? Shall I give it a go?

phylokim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phylokim Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 9:52am
post #106 of 111

AHi,

i have a cake business in kenya, and i want to purchase the cake boss software, does the it accomodate other currencies or it is fixed in US dollars?

thanks. cakes n' more Kenya.

azizanicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azizanicole Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 8:11pm
post #107 of 111

I am wondering if there is an option of not using cloud as I am unsure if I would want to pay an additional 20 dollars for storage.

I have debated purchasing the software before but because my client base is still slowly building up I couldn't really justify paying for the software but, I realise that I am probably undercharging for my cakes on occasions and would benefit from having the software on my pc in the long run.

If there is the option of opting out of cloud and just using the software as is and doing the upgrades as an when required I would definitely purchase.

Thank you for the info in advance,

Aziza

robinsnestcakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinsnestcakery Posted 30 Dec 2013 , 8:51pm
post #108 of 111

I have it.  I don't like it I just use quickbooks. and price out in excel

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 12:02pm
post #109 of 111

This is an old thread, but does anyone still use it? I checked it out and its 150$ now. Just wondering, is that the price for one year only? Then you have to pay 150$ again to renew it?

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 3:27pm
post #110 of 111

AThe $150 is for the software. It is now online only. After the first year, you just pay $20 per year for data storage in the cloud. I use it. It's very good. I feel like it was well worth it.

SweetShop5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetShop5 Posted 11 Feb 2014 , 7:45pm
post #111 of 111

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassyzan 

The $150 is for the software. It is now online only. After the first year, you just pay $20 per year for data storage in the cloud. I use it. It's very good. I feel like it was well worth it.

Great, thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%