Cake Boss Software Calculating Program

Business By CakesUnleashed Updated 11 Feb 2014 , 7:45pm by SweetShop5

Noura80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noura80 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 8:39am
post #61 of 111

ok, so I bought the software and I live in UAE. Hopefully I can benefit from it the same way you all did. I will try it today and see.. fingers crossed...

AidanSweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AidanSweet Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 2:16pm
post #62 of 111

I am considering getting this program but i was wondering if there is a Free Trial i could try it is alot of money to spend on something i cant try and see if i can use it.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 3:10pm
post #63 of 111

AidanSweet,
Check out the videos on their website
http://cakeboss.com/VideoTour.aspx

It's awesome. I believe they have a 30 day return policy as well so you could try it out and get your money back. I personally can attest to the wonderful customer service so I'm sure if you have any issues they will be more than happy to work with you. It's really a fantastic product.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Oct 2011 , 3:11pm
post #64 of 111

It comes with a 30 day money back guarantee. We will refund the full purchase price for any reason within the first 30 days of your purchase, if you are not satisfied.

oyamary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oyamary Posted 8 Nov 2011 , 6:39pm
post #65 of 111

I would like to purchase cakeboss. I live in Istanbul Turkey and was wondering if the software would calculate in turkish liras? I use windows in english.

britishgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
britishgrl Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 4:38pm
post #66 of 111

Honestly this is very expensive. If I have any extra money right now its going back into the business. I'm not saying its not an incredible piece of software. After watching the video it looks amazing. But it seems to me that the price is just too high.

Just my honest opinion.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 6:11pm
post #67 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishgrl

But it seems to me that the price is just too high.

Just my honest opinion.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but...

when you see what it does you will realize that as a pp said, the program will probably pay for itself within the 1st month or two.

Im in South Africa and though the exchange rate is terrible I decided about a year ago to take the plunge and buy it. I use it EVERY DAY! The best feature of all is that it will track your orders, I now dont take any order without adding an invoice 1st and I dont have to worry a single bit that a forgotten client will ring to ask where their cake is!

This feature alone is worth the money I paid for it!!!! Just that peace of mind!

Oh and BTW for those non US citizens, it works perfectly in my currency and metric system. And I have a friend in Aus that also uses 100% with their currency.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 6:53pm
post #68 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishgrl

Honestly this is very expensive. If I have any extra money right now its going back into the business. I'm not saying its not an incredible piece of software. After watching the video it looks amazing. But it seems to me that the price is just too high.

When looking at purchases for your business you need to examine the return on investment (ROI) instead of looking at just the price of the product or service. Unless you can put together your own system for pricing, tracking expenses, scheduling, and invoicing in less than 10 hours or so, you will probably come out ahead buying this software.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 7:16pm
post #69 of 111

I have the Software and I love it. It took a while to input all the info, but once that was done it is amazing. I live in Canada and it works great for me. I use both the Metric and Imperial system, no problem going back and forth between them. Also I'm not very techy at all and they are so helpful when I email for any reason. I also love the video help/learning idea. I am a visual learner so for me its perfect. Well worth the money, it saves me loads of time trying to figure out pricing orders. I highly recommend it. Love it! Love it!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 8:18pm
post #70 of 111

I have so wanted to get this program for a while. Yes, it does come with a price tag, and a bit of time to get it started. I understand that BUT!!!! after a little bit of information added to the program with your specifics, just imagine all the TIME you will save. direct price quotes, all the information in one spot. I feel the price tag is so little to all you get out of it. Look at all the quality equipment and ingredients you use. Yes, they do have the price as well but the end results are well worth it. Margarine cookies with imitation vanilla or Fresh Butter cookies with vanilla bean? Yes, the same applies here as well, with the exception it SAVES me time and there is no substitute for that! icon_wink.gif

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 8:33pm
post #71 of 111

I have to laugh at the person who thought this is an expensive program. I am having to look for a program to run my pos system for my cupcake shop. Try $30,000 price tag! As I have said before I also own a dance studio and the management program we use to run the academy had a $500 price tag...$149 ($134.10 for CC members) is quite affordable. Cake Boss paid for itself with my first two wedding cake orders!

The customer service in and of itself is priceless! Yes it is priceless, meaning you don't pay an extra dime for support! Can't say that for other business management programs!

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 8:47pm
post #72 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

I have to laugh at the person who thought this is an expensive program. I am having to look for a program to run my pos system for my cupcake shop. Try $30,000 price tag! As I have said before I also own a dance studio and the management program we use to run the academy had a $500 price tag...$149 ($134.10 for CC members) is quite affordable. paid for itself with my first two wedding cake orders!

The customer service in and of itself is priceless! Yes it is priceless, meaning you don't pay an extra dime for support! Can't say that for other business management programs!

we need a "like" button icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 9:46pm
post #73 of 111

I got my girl's back icon_smile.gif

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 9 Nov 2011 , 11:21pm
post #74 of 111

Still have never sold a cake (before due to law, now on decorating hiatus due to health), but I bought it a few years ago to help track the cost of my hobby and practice using it for "some day". Even then, it saved me money - made me realize just how much we paid out in money and time and made us realize I had to cut back on how many I did. It's already paid for itself several times over - and I've never taken any money for ingredients or time. Definitely a must have if you're a business and the customer service is free & awesome - such a rare find anymore. Two spatulas up!

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 12:29am
post #75 of 111

For me, yes the $100+ pricetag is a bit much. Look at my bottom line. I get that part, however, it is still worth it. I had no idea about other programs. Apples to oranges

cakesdivine Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 4:32am
post #76 of 111

In a way A's to O's only because there is no other program out there that does what Cake Boss does for the home or really small bakery businesses. All other programs are designed for moderate to high volume bakeries.

jason_kraft Posted 10 Nov 2011 , 4:49am
post #77 of 111

IMO the closest analogous program would be QuickBooks (in the $150-250 range depending on version). QuickBooks is accounting software you can use to run any small business and handles expense tracking, inventory mgmt, customer mgmt, invoicing, and financials, but it is considerably more complicated than Cake Boss and does not include any bakery-specific features like cake pricing (although that can be done manually in Excel if you are so inclined).

cakesdivine Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 1:39pm
post #78 of 111

You cannot take cake order information with Quickbooks it is simply an accounting program. It also has no ability to help you calculate what your price point should be.

jason_kraft Posted 11 Nov 2011 , 3:54pm
post #79 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

You cannot take cake order information with Quickbooks it is simply an accounting program.

Sure you can, I enter all our customers' cake orders into QuickBooks.

Quote:
Quote:

It also has no ability to help you calculate what your price point should be.

Correct...as I said above, this would have to be done manually in Excel.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 7:53pm
post #80 of 111

I haven't read all of the responses but I have updated news. We have used Quickbooks and entered all of our customer data into it. But, it didn't track birthdays or as CakesDivine mentioned, help you figure your pricepoint.

Last week, we opened our new storefront with our new retail side of the business (we used to be custom only). We have decided to use Quickbooks for the accounting only and utilize CakeBoss as our customer database. Even though I've had Cake Boss for a while, I have never wanted to key all of our data into Quickbooks AND Cake Boss. From now on, we will utilize both but in different ways. I am excited for these changes to our processes and the ability to use CakeBoss as intended.

jason_kraft Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 8:20pm
post #81 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracycakes

I haven't read all of the responses but I have updated news. We have used Quickbooks and entered all of our customer data into it. But, it didn't track birthdays or as CakesDivine mentioned, help you figure your pricepoint.

You can use QB to track customer's birthdays by defining a new custom field for "Birthday" under the Additional Info tab of the Edit Customer screen.

Quote:
Quote:

I have never wanted to key all of our data into Quickbooks AND cake boss.

An import/export feature for customer data or some other type of integration with QB (they have an API available) would be a great feature for cake boss. Even better would be offering a version of cake boss that acts as a front end for QB.

SweetCreationsBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreationsBakery Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 6:18am
post #82 of 111

OMG Thank you!!! I've been looking for crazy for this program, well at least for the name, I saw it on another Forum, but I couldn't recall the link to that forum, let alone the name of the program. I'm going to try to download it and see how it goes and let you know what I thought of it! Thanks so much!

SweetCreationsBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCreationsBakery Posted 29 Nov 2011 , 6:25am
post #83 of 111

OMG Thank you!!! I've been looking for crazy for this program, well at least for the name, I saw it on another Forum, but I couldn't recall the link to that forum, let alone the name of the program. I'm going to try to download it and see how it goes and let you know what I thought of it! Thanks so much!

snowdaisy822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowdaisy822 Posted 3 Dec 2011 , 6:09pm
post #84 of 111

I haven't read all of the comments, but I haven't seen anything yet on this. Does anyone use this with a Mac? I just bought mine and don't want to use two different computers. The site says it's not "technically" compatible, but they haven't heard from any Mac users saying it doesn't work. I'd like to hear from others before I actually buy it, then find out it doesn't work for me. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 16 Dec 2011 , 4:33am
post #86 of 111

I'd like to know if the cake boss is downloadble on ipad

Dolledupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolledupcakes Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 9:54am
post #87 of 111

I tried to read all responses, but there are a lot.

Is the software still available? I tried going to the site, and it was down. Does anyone know?

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 1:48pm
post #88 of 111

Yes the cake boss software is still available. I'm basing this on a post Kelley made only a few days ago. My guess is something is wrong with the web hosting system they use. Give it a few hrs and check back.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 8 Mar 2012 , 2:31pm
post #89 of 111

Hi guys, it is up. My apologies for the interruption. I blame the solar flares. icon_cry.gif

tweetytlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweetytlg Posted 8 Jun 2012 , 12:27am
post #90 of 111

Is there a Cake Boss Software App for iPhone or iPad?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%