12.25.09 Friday Night Cake Club

Decorating By leah_s Updated 26 Dec 2009 , 8:37pm by Deb_

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:35am
post #1 of 24

wishes all CCers a Merry Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa.

I hope you're not working tonight! icon_biggrin.gif

23 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:37am
post #2 of 24

Merry Christmas to you too!

Nope, definitely not working tonight....in fact I booked off the next 2 weeks from baking, I'm too busy at my Salon.

Heading off to bed....completely pooped out, I had 42 people here last night for dinner and festivities.

Have a good night! I hope you're not working either.

leah_s Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:39am
post #3 of 24

Not working tonight! I will be next week, however, as I have a 340 cupcake wedding on 1/1/10.

Way to start out the year!!

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:40am
post #4 of 24

Just relaxing and loving being with my family!!!!

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 24

YAY for us! Not working tonight either icon_smile.gif It's been a LONG time since I've had a Friday off...keep checking my calendar to make sure I haven't forgotten about anything icon_biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas to some of the best ladies and gents I know (well sort of icon_wink.gif )

andlydle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andlydle Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 24

thanks- I had some work to do today. My best friend's bridal shower is tuesday plus i'm moving the next day (stupid i know, it just worked out that way) so i'm trying to have it done monday. fortunately it's just a 3 tier stacked, so i didn't have too much to bake. And i decided not to try my hand at a topsy turvy this time around. But I believe I successfully made black fondant on my first attempt! hurray for me- now i just need more black coloring- i used my whole container icon_sad.gif But I'm upgrading to americolor so that's nice icon_biggrin.gif

Merry Christmas!!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:58am
post #7 of 24

Hi there, Happy Holidays everyone, not working here either, but then again the whole city has been pretty much closed down today due to the blizzard. Have you all checked out the thread "Giggle for the day" It's just too funny!! You just gota read it icon_lol.gif

globalgatherings Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:08am
post #8 of 24

So leah, what's the plan on achieving 340 cupcakes? Do you start early and freeze some?? How do you make that happen, that's a lot

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:29am
post #9 of 24

I really didn't think you'd have one of these threads tonight! Hopefully most can enjoy their holiday with family (assuming they LIKE their extended family members!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm still walking on air because my son called today from Florida to tell us he was officially engaged! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:32am
post #10 of 24

Working on decorations for what will be my best friends birthday cake (born New Year's Eve) and possibly....maybe.....if the court house is open that day as well...my wedding cake! B-day/New Year's/Wedding Cake....wowza! Hubby (I've called him hubby for years now) says he wanted to be married by the end of the year. So......heh heh!!

globalgatherings Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:38am
post #11 of 24

Indydebi, are we too assume you'll be making the cake for that wedding??

_Jamie_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:40am
post #12 of 24

Oh congrats Indy!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:49am
post #13 of 24

global, I'm a GOOD mother-in-law. My offer is there if they want it. If they want the cake from somewhere else, I am ok with that.

Its going to be hard for me to NOT just take over but I'm going to work very very hard at it! I'm not the MOB and it's not my wedding. I'm here if they want me ... I'm here if they need me.

(And the good news is they don't have to plan their date around my catering schedule now! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif They just have to plan it around college finals. But since daugher in law to be is also a school teacher, I'm sure she'll factor that in! thumbs_up.gif )

globalgatherings Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:57am
post #14 of 24

Well, congrats to Indy and Jamie, keep us posted you guys on those weddings, too fun!! Nitey nite everyone, I'm out, this blizzard here is exhausting!!

Kandy4283 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kandy4283 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:59am
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Hi there, Happy Holidays everyone, not working here either, but then again the whole city has been pretty much closed down today due to the blizzard. Have you all checked out the thread "Giggle for the day" It's just too funny!! You just gota read it icon_lol.gif

i am there with ya! i am in sgt bluff, iowa and we are prettymuch snowed in! The snow is half way up the front door and cannot even get out!! Hope there is no fire! ha! I am not even turning on the oven and have no intent for awhile! Good luck in the storm! They are saying that the cell has shifted for us and now we are looking at snow until sunday now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 6:13am
post #16 of 24

One cake done, the other is stack and ready to add the details. One is 1st DD's college grad cake. The other is 2nd DD's 21st BD cake for tomorrow!! Decided to keep them "simple".

Got to use my new airbrush to paint the fondant grad cake. I've had the AB a couple of months, but never had time etc to order the colors. DH gave me the 41 color set of little bottles for Christmas. Lots of fun. Can't wait to have time to really try it out!

Debi, the extra layer of icing worked very well. I thinned it a bit as you suggested, and had no problems. Thanks!

Deb_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:15pm
post #17 of 24

Jamie that's so awesome....CONGRATULATIONS! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:24pm
post #18 of 24

As far as baking 340 cupcakes (and filling each one and icing each one) I get the batter, filling and icings made up ahead of time. For some reason, I don't freeze cupcakes. I can easily bake 6 dozen at a time and just get an assembly line going. Big numbers have ceased to faze me any more. Now, 1000 cupcakes - that would get my attention.

Congratulatins _Jamie_ and Debi (MOG)! Great news!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:32pm
post #19 of 24

Yes, congrats Jamie and Debi ~ that's awesome!!!

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:56pm
post #20 of 24

aww that's great christmas news Jamie and Debi!

The only cake I did was a chocolate dessert cake which only took 20 minutes!!! ah those were the days before torting, stacking, fondant, figures!! just to take down to my sis in law for christmas dinner - so nice to have a day off cause christmas eve was soooo busy for me - now no cakes until 29th icon_smile.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:25pm
post #21 of 24

Congratulations Jamie and Debi - thank you for sharing your happy news! Here's wishing that the new year brings much happiness to all CCers ! icon_biggrin.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 5:12pm
post #22 of 24

Thanks guys! If they can't do it New Year's Eve, then New Year's Eve EVE it will be! Good enough...lol!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 5:28pm
post #23 of 24

My first day off since September 23 and I can't wind down. I even went to the new store today and arranged the stuff I have for after christmas sales.

Deb_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 8:37pm
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

My first day off since September 23 and I can't wind down. I even went to the new store today and arranged the stuff I have for after christmas sales.

How's your new business going? Lots of Christmas sales hopefully!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%