Any Advice And Tips Are Welcome.

Decorating By Lizj Updated 26 Dec 2009 , 3:24am by indydebi

Lizj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizj Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:01am
post #1 of 4

Hey fellow CCer's! I am fairly new to the cake decorating world. I have been doing them for about a year and a half now. I am wanting any information, tips, or advice any of you can give me about anything cake decorating related. Especially on buttercream how to's. I have taken the classes at Micheals. Most of what I have learned I have kinda taught myself by watching Duff(my hero) and Buddy Valastro on TLC. Im eager to learn so anything that you can give me is much appreciated. Thanks ladies.

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:04am
post #2 of 4

Just click around on CC. You'll learn lots.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:08am
post #3 of 4

ditto Leah.....some days I just come on here and read thread after thread....I learn at least 1 new thing by doing that.

This site is a wealth of information.....you'll learn more here then in any "cake decorating" class.

Also, do some youtube searches on cake decorating. Some of those videos are extremely helpful.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:24am
post #4 of 4

ditto the above two ladies. I read so much about fondant, here on CC, that when I got literally thrown into doing my first one at the last minute, it was pretty simple and I felt like I knew EXACTLY what I was doing .... just because I had read so much about it.

I learned more in 2 years on this site than I did in 25 years of hands on decorating. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%