For Christmas, My Husband Got Me A Huge...

Decorating By Sassy74 Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 9:57pm by moxey2000

katystinykitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katystinykitchen Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 6:46am
post #31 of 74

Awesome Merry Christmas!! I got an Emerald Red KitchenAid mixer for Christmas from my brothers icon_smile.gif DH got me some little baking accesories I had wanted.

What are the Magic Line pans? Sorry, I'm a newbie icon_smile.gif

CakesHeaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesHeaven Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 6:57am
post #32 of 74

I got some hexagon pans and more square cake pans from my mom, Ace of Cakes and Mix Doctor book from the kids. My husband gave me a membership to the gym since I've put on some weight since I took up decorating but that's what I asked him for so I'm excited icon_smile.gif Now I can enjoy the cake more when I sample it icon_smile.gif
Best Wishes for the New Year Everyone!

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 7:03am
post #33 of 74

I got The Cake Bible and the pastry tips from Bake It Pretty (I got those myself, though). DH got me the Stargazer Lily DVD by tonedna (I squealed when I opened that one!) and the metal ball tools she sells as well.

I'm kindof tinkering with the idea of doing a Julie & Julia type of thing with The Cake Bible (but with a MUCH looser timeline).

- Leisel

verisimilitude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verisimilitude Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 9:14am
post #34 of 74

Ooh, lots of your gifts sound great! I got a big set of 2nd hand cake decorating supplies from ebay right before xmas, which my partner paid for (about $250 worth of stuff which I scored for $25 - yay!), and I also stumbled upon a brand new electric chocolatier set in an op shop which was tagged at $9 but we were donating so the guy gave it to us for $6. It retails for $50, so I was very happy!

For actual xmas I got a huge stainless steel cake pedestal with a perspex dome (because I had a porcelain one with a glass dome and my eldest daughter managed to break the glass dome. It's been 3 years and I'm amazed the pedestal is still standing!) I also got a bunch of other cool stuff (brand new BBQ and market umbrella, huge mirror, and tickets to Jane's Addiction!) but that was the cake related stuff. Very pleased indeed!

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 11:39am
post #35 of 74

I got a camcorder. DH daid he would not atempt the cake buisness area because he thinks I already have everything. Hahaha what he don't know.

Kims_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kims_cakes Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 11:52am
post #36 of 74

Wow, lots of great stuff! Last month we bought a mini-van icon_cry.gif It's a GREAT minivan, but its a minvan. So we didn't spend much on each other. But he got me TONS of little stuff from Country Kitchen thumbs_up.gif . I couldn't be happier.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 12:07pm
post #37 of 74

I got a Wii with Wii Fit board - I've wanted one for soooooo long! Usually my OH's gift giving leaves a lot to be desired, but he's redeemed himself now! Of course, I have yet to get a look in - my kids have been playing on it constantly lol!

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 12:35pm
post #38 of 74

DH got me a airbrush! He saved it for last. Did the whole, "Hmmm. there's one more here. Who's it for?" YAY!!! Now how do I learn to use it? Tutorials anyone????? LOL.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:18pm
post #39 of 74

SO got me my first KA (which I've been using already)
I got, Hello, Cupcake book, scraper blade, rolling pin, cake lifter (bought myself one but it's going back)lots of other non cake stuff but that's not important..lol....

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:45pm
post #40 of 74

I didn't get any cake stuff because the things I need are too specifc and my husband's afraid to get me anything. BUT...I got myself a new camera with Christmas "permission" and I spent all day messing with it. I also got a bunch of chocolates, so that's always good icon_razz.gif

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:18pm
post #41 of 74

WOW, sounds like everyone has made out like bandits this year. I am on my NEW laptop that DH got me. My DD used my other one a little too much and it somehow is now full of viruses. I hate that; so this one she will not be allowed on.

DH also got me a printer for edible images so now I need to order the ink and sheets. YEA! That will come in handy for the "Free Kakes for Kids".

Every Christmas my DH always gives me a coupon (homemade) for my room at the ICES convention every year. That always seems to be my greatest expense when attending and I just love that he picks up the tab. So I save my own money for the toys!

My Mom and Dad sent me a check for $250.00 to buy something and I can't decide if I want the Wii or a Cricut. What do ya'll think???? I would love the Wii fit system but hubby wants me to join a gym (and actually go). Ha Ha.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:35pm
post #42 of 74

For anyone who didnt get what they wanted, I will offer any cake system on my site, only until New years, at 20% off. Please mention this cake thread in the notes and we will adjust the price before shipping. Merry Christmas!

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:44pm
post #43 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrianna

we were short on funds this year so we just bought a lot for the kids but when taxes come back then we will do our christmas shopping for each other.

We have a "Tax Return Christmas" every year also!
With four kids the Christmas budget goes to them and hubby and I just wait until we get the tax return .

Pinki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pinki Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:25pm
post #44 of 74

Someone in my church (don't know who, it was anonymousl) gave me a pink KA mixer and a set of pink cake pans. The KA looks great next to my pink toaster and pink microwave (I guess I don't need to say what my favorite color is icon_biggrin.gif ). My parents gave me a cakebook and some misc cake supplies. I've only been decorating cakes for two months so I am thrilled to have new "toys" to play and learn with!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:40pm
post #45 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecuzImAGurl

lucky ladies...I didnt get anything...I'm just home making my own birthday cake too... icon_sad.gif and getting complained why am I not taking care of the baby since he's off for christmas and its his 'OFF DAY'

Just want to let you guys know how sweet your husbands are...

((big hugs)) I understand. I make my own birthday cakes too....this year I even asked. I said he could use a straight mix and canned frosting. But the look of fear on his face was *almost* worth it.

conb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conb Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:41pm
post #46 of 74

This Christmas my DH really surprised me. He brought me an air brush, the large wilton tool caddy and registered me for two classes at the New York Cake Convention (knew we were going, but hadn't registered for any classes). He got double kisses for this! icon_cool.gif

whit6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whit6 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:44pm
post #47 of 74

I got quite spoiled this year! I am typing on a new laptop from my boyfriend! He also go me the Ace of Cakes book and 2 other cake decorating books. I got a cake lifter, new icing spatulas, all the supplies and boxes to start an herb garden, ANd my family had a chef coat custom made for me. Its pink (my very favorite color) with Zebra lining on the neck and sleeves. I started to cook Xmas dinner in it but its so nice I dont want to get it dirty! I think it will be reserved as my jacket for delivering cakes and set up at catering gigs.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:44pm
post #48 of 74

My hubby got me a Dobord (he actually gave me the Dobord before Christmas, so I could use it on my Christmas cookies, and, seriously, I don't know how I ever did cookies without it!) and the family got together and got me the complete set of Sugarshack's DVDs (less the buttercream one, which I got for my birthday earlier this year). WooHoo! I can't wait for some free time to start watching them icon_wink.gif

edit for typo... icon_redface.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:10pm
post #49 of 74

i got the Sugarshack Buttercream DVD and i watched it as soon as i had some free time last night! i also got the makins clay extruder (the green one!), a super cute cookbook from my youngest niece, and a really pretty cake pedestal/dome.

that's it for caking (man, i feel like i got nothing compared to all of you!). i also got some of the coolest slippers EVER (they look like giant sneakers icon_biggrin.gif ), a really pretty buddha shadowbox, a new down comforter (mine has been leaving hundreds of feathers all over the place for 3 years!), alfred hitchcock masterpiece dvd collection!!!!, and an ice cream maker for my KA!!

and the best gift of all: the exact betty boop blanket that my grandma had. it was her favorite. we all snuggled with it the night she passed. and now i have my very own to snuggle with every night icon_smile.gif

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:14pm
post #50 of 74

Becuzimagirl, I'm so sorry that your Christmas wasn't all it could have been. But, chin up girl! Happy birthday!

Helsbels, a sugar pulling station sounds awesome!

MikeRowesHunny, I got a Wii Fit, too. Maybe we can work off some of these Christmas goodies???

Wow, some of y'all got things I never even thought to ask for. Now I have all kinds of ideas for my b'day in Jan!

lchristi27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lchristi27 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:15pm
post #51 of 74

Hubby and I agreed to NO gifts this year as we bought a trip to Cancun for the family. But SANTA brought me the 90 year edition of the KA. Shame on him! Santa brought him a t-shirt, guess he was naughty!!!

I have a KA already, but this one has the clear bowl! Must bake cookies today! Going to give my other KA to my little bro, and he is going to buy me the pasta attachment for the new one, I think that is fair?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:35pm
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy74

MikeRowesHunny, I got a Wii Fit, too. Maybe we can work off some of these Christmas goodies???

Umm, yeah - I think that's a given! Mortified when I set up my Mii and it officially declared me obese and made the little woman into a big round blob! My first goal is to get her down into the 'overweight' category! A BMI of around around 26-27 will suit me just fine. I'm quite muscular and large-framed (yes, really!), so any lower than that and I look ill! I prefer to go by clothing sizes anyway. Currently wearing a US 12-14, and I'd be happy (as a 38 yr old mother of two, who does a fair bit of exercise, so is not horrendously unhealthy), to be a US 8-10. It did give me a Wii fit age 8 years younger though, so not all bad!

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #53 of 74

We got a wii fit together as a family!! It is awesome!!
My hubby fixed my kitchen garbage cabinet that my youngest used like a jungle gym icon_smile.gif.
I had cake supplies on my list but hubby tried not to buy them for me for Christmas cuz it is for the business not for me.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 5:35pm
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchristi27

Hubby and I agreed to NO gifts this year as we bought a trip to Cancun for the family. But SANTA brought me the 90 year edition of the KA. Shame on him! Santa brought him a t-shirt, guess he was naughty!!!

I have a KA already, but this one has the clear bowl! Must bake cookies today! Going to give my other KA to my little bro, and he is going to buy me the pasta attachment for the new one, I think that is fair?

That is so funny and too sweet of "Santa".

Becuzimagurl Happy Birthday!

We haven't given each other CHristmas gifts in several years, but he suprised me with "Mastering the Art of French Cooking". I was really surprised and touched. I've been wanting that book since I was about 8 YEARS OLD!!!! Don't ask me why I've never bought it. I guess God new I was ment to get it from my DH for Chrsitmas. icon_biggrin.gif

Iva1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iva1976 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 5:59pm
post #55 of 74

I didnt get any cake realted gifts, I have alot of that (did I just say that??) LOL
The one thing I do need is an airbrush, hopefully I'll get one for my b-day in Feb.
Anyway, what I did get was this new laptop I'm typing on right now, a sephora makeup case (love makeup) and a burberry hand bag!!!! My fiance is the best he always gets me great Christmas gifts, it's like a competition and he always wins.... icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #56 of 74

cblupe - I'd be saving the cash for toys at convention! icon_wink.gif

I got the new Jennifer Dontz DVD, Kerry Vincent's book Romantic Wedding Cakes, and the cash for my LLC. icon_biggrin.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 7:25pm
post #57 of 74

Hubby got me an extra beater blade for my KA, a complete airbrush system, and a stress mat! He's so sweet! My sister gave me a copy of the new Ace of Cakes book signed with a special note to me by none other than Geoff Manthorne!

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 8:34pm
post #58 of 74

Thanks everyone for the sweet words and birthday day wishes! so touched icon_cry.gif

though I have to say my birthday is on December 31st
just making it ahead of time because I do have the '6' now 7 month old baby to take care of...
People always forget my birthday because they all busy with partying or clubbing on New Years Eve...so this year I'm having cake no matter what...at least I have my baby to celebrate it with!! icon_cry.gif Now I cant say I dont have a present because my baby is the greatest gift I'll ever receive from my husband... icon_redface.gif

Merry Christmas and Happy New YEars to all the great CC friends here!
enjoy your new toys!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 8:47pm
post #59 of 74

Well, I got LOTS of nice stuff for Christmas, but the cake-related ones are:

My DH gave me an early present of a class at Cakegirls in Chicago in early December. He also told me to go on globalsugarart.com and pick out anything I wanted -- no limit!!! I guess he trusts me not to be too greedy icon_wink.gif

My daughter made me some beautiful cupcake wrappers out of scrapbook paper. She also printed me my own "business cards" -- they say "Cakes for a Cause . . . made by Julie Stone to benefit the People's Resource Center." Then, they have a beautiful tiered-cake stamp and the address and website of the charity.

becuzimagirl, I live right outside of Chicago. If you ever need some cheering up, contact me. There's nothing I love more than babies and talking about cakes!

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 27 Dec 2009 , 3:43am
post #60 of 74

becuzimagirl, I live right outside of Chicago. If you ever need some cheering up, contact me. There's nothing I love more than babies and talking about cakes![/quote]

wow! someone near me! thats great! you have Facebook or MSN? haha or old fashion email can do

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%