Finally....

Decorating By Sherryb Updated 26 Aug 2005 , 9:20am by stephanie214

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:32am
post #1 of 7

I have finished the Dogwood Wedding Cake. I did this just to see if I could and because I have turned down a couple of orders for wedding cakes because I was so nervous about making one.
Tomorrow is my Birthday and I am taking it to work with me to let all the people I work with try it. I am also going to invite customers that come in my workplace to have some, too. It's a big cake so I am hoping to get rid of most of it.
I want to thank everyone for asnwering all of my questions and helping me out so much.
I posted a couple of pictures in my photos.
Sherryb

6 replies
nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:37am
post #2 of 7

Very good job! I know how you feel about being nervous with wedding cakes-I did 3 small ones before I would ever consider taking on a big one-I have done 3 large ones now-but the idea of them still scares me...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 4:54am
post #3 of 7

Your cake looks gorgeous! And have a wonderful birthday! icon_smile.gif
traci

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 5:36am
post #4 of 7

Happy Birthday Sherryb! Great idea taking the cake into work! Don't forget to bring business cards with you if you have them! I send all of my "test" cakes into work with my husband and I've gotten a lot of orders from the wives of all of his construction buddies! Sometimes if I don't send in a cake for a while my husband will bring home a wad of singles and fives and say the guys all chipped in to order a cake (recent ones have been a black and white gerbil and a round cake with giant lips and teeth covering most of it and tiny little eyed and mouth - they were poking fun at an electrician on the job, he loved it! When I pay, people probably think I either waitress or pole-dance......anyway, bring your cards, happy birthday, sorry for rambling but Ive been painting on rice paper for 2 hours and I'm loopy and it's very late!

tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 5:56am
post #5 of 7

Happy birthday, Sherryb! I think that your cake looks abosolutely gorgeous. I am so jealous!!! I am still working on tiered cakes and have yet to make them exactly like I see in my head. But I love your cake!! The flowers are beautiful. You have some lucky coworkers. I absolutely believe that you will get orders off of this one. And the flavors are to die for! Congrats on this beauty!
Tanya

kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 6:14am
post #6 of 7

Happy Birthday Sherryb,
Your cake looks great!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 26 Aug 2005 , 9:20am
post #7 of 7

Great cake...happy birthday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%