Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 10:47am
post #2 of 15

Ugh.

People just have no taste.

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 11:34am
post #3 of 15

Thanks for the post....I love Christmas lights!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 11:37am
post #4 of 15

I love them, too, when they're tasteful.

These are just grotesquely vulgar.

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:31am
post #5 of 15

Cool display ! Love the way they put this together. Very talented dont think I would have the patients to do this! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:43am
post #6 of 15

I dig TSO but if that were my neighbor I'd think they would be getting Ex-Lax in their cookies this year. Yeesh, can you imagine the electric bill?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:22am
post #7 of 15

I line the sides of the walk, the large front window, and you can see the two trees through the windows.
That's all, but people seem to feel it all looks welcoming.
If one of those moved in here, the entire neighborhood would keep calling the police.
Noise and crowds every night for over a month? Nice way to make yourself welcome.

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:36am
post #8 of 15

What's wrong with that? Angelina Jolie can pose topless if she wants....oh wait, the lights? I was reading the comments below....haaaahaaaa. Ha. ((ahem)) icon_biggrin.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 6:16am
post #9 of 15

Hey Jaime, we said Chirstmas lights, not headlights! Starting trouble, are ya? icon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 9:57am
post #10 of 15

There is a family in Canada that has been doing this for years. They set out a donation box for all the passerbys. Tha donations go to the local boys club.

Mike

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:47pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Hey Jaime, we said Chirstmas lights, not headlights! Starting trouble, are ya? icon_lol.gif

Alllllways! icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 6:35pm
post #12 of 15

We have a "Tacky Christmas" light tour here in Richmond. My kids love to go see the lights. Tacky, yes, entertaining, definetly!

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #13 of 15

Oh my, do these people really not have a life? Who can set that up, and put it away every year? and have all that flashing going on right outside, if I were a neighbor, I would be very unhappy indeed (nice language here, please).

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 2:48am
post #14 of 15

I drove my MIL past one of the houses that's always on the tacky lights tour, and is often featured on those shows about crazy Christmas lights. I told her she had to see it, I couldn't describe it. Her comment was that it was the "biggest mess ever dropped upon the Earth." And that was during the day when it wasn't lit up! icon_lol.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 3:13am
post #15 of 15

I'm thankful my mom is NOT alive to have access to all the things that make these light shows possible.

After all, she saw nothing wrong with causing brown-outs at Christmas, spending more on electricity at Christmas than during 100 degree summers for a/c., for putting out enough lights that our airman cousin came home from the nearby air force base to tell us we were the talk of the base and used as a land mark (oh, yea, close to base now -- there's "that" house).

I cringe just imagining what she would have done!

and yet, well done these shows can be great. tho' this ELO and TSO thing takes it frenetically too far! (at least it's not a house size blow-up poodle someone put up in a nearby town)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%