Baking By mamawrobin Updated 11 Jan 2010 , 1:53am by 7yyrt

mamawrobin Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:41pm
post #1 of 11

I'm making Nutter-Butter truffles and would like to know what I should use as a binder. Thanks and Merry Christmas icon_smile.gif

10 replies
baycheeks1 Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 11

Peanut Butter or vanillas buttercream sounds good...I think they would go well together with either of them.

mamawrobin Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 11


mamawrobin Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 11

I'm dipping in milk chocolate, would it be too much to use peanut butter and milk chocolate icing as a binder?

baycheeks1 Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 11

Maybe make some with one, thenthe other, and then both...that souds like it would be tasty!

Just a thought...some cream cheese might be good too...

mamawrobin Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:48pm
post #6 of 11

i bet cream cheese would be good. they're sweet enough on their own w/o adding any i will do the cream cheese. thanks!

Mensch Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 11

It sounds like you're making cake balls, not truffles.

7yyrt Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:09am
post #8 of 11

Some folks think 'cake balls' sounds weird or redneck, so they say 'truffles'.
I'm hillbilly from way back, so cake balls (or rum balls) it is for me.

tarheelgirl Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:27am
post #9 of 11

I say cake truffles! icon_biggrin.gif It sounds more sophisticated! icon_lol.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:35am
post #10 of 11

Or the other term that floats around here - cruffles!

7yyrt Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 1:53am
post #11 of 11

Ah, but my 'clientele' like old fashioned, down-home goodies... truffles or cruffles would be too up-market for them. 'Cake balls' is a friendly term.
Peanut butter or cream cheese would cut the sweetness a little - sounds tasty. too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%