Hey Jamie....

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 24 Dec 2009 , 3:14pm by _Jamie_

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:07am
post #1 of 7

just wanted to share a pic of the treats I made today for work, I couldn't attach it so it's the latest in my photos...
your epicurious chocolate cake recipe with brown sugar SMBC....I topped it with homemade caramel sauce, chopped candied pecans and chocolate chunks...
Thanks for the inspiration...
Merry Christmas,
Sandi Oh

6 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 5:48am
post #2 of 7

Okay, so they look absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! Man. I gotta resist that idea for Christmas. I'm baking right now!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 6:16am
post #3 of 7

Mmmmmm... I know exactly what that tastes like (minus the pecans, but I can imagine) and mmmmmmm. Now I want some too. I was thinking about making a cake for x-mas and now I might just have to. UGH... icon_wink.gif

SandiOh Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks! these bad boys were delicious...they were quite the hit at work.
Next time, I'm gonna have to do this in a cake form....It's the first time I had used BS SMBC, Jamie said it was to die for, and OMG she was correct! I will be using this again.
Sandi

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 7

BS SMBC *is* good stuff... if you add some of that homemade caramel you made to it, it deepens the caramel flavor and it is also really good... especially in a spice cake or a banana cake (add some chopped toasted pecans too for a little something extra)... mmmmmmmm mmm!!

SandiOh Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 7

Jeanne, that sounds fabulous....It's so much fun to think of the possibilities.
It's funny, I used to not like SMBC...cuz I dislike eggs...but now, after wayyyy too much ABC, I think it's a dream... and I love how the flavors of the buttercream are so much "cleaner" than they are in ABC.
I've been doing a 50/50 of ABC/SMBC for some of my frostings that I want to infuse alot of flavor into - it works like a charm.

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 7

Oh Good God on the mountaintop....most delicious sounding and looking cupcakes ever!!! Yeah....wow. That is quite a creation you made there! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%