Decorating By snarkybaker Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 7:09am by sarahnash_14

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:07pm
post #31 of 144

I went to school with a girl named Sunny Beam. icon_lol.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:10pm
post #32 of 144

My DD went to school with a boy named Yu Wong. And I went to school with a guy with the last name of Bridges- yep, he named his son London.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:38pm
post #33 of 144

I thought of another one that always makes me laugh...My mother's accountant was named Mr. Crook. When she died I had to have him do some tax work for me, so I got to call and ask for Mr. Crook. I told him that he had the best name for an accountant I'd ever heard, and he said he got that a lot! icon_lol.gif

BabyBear3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyBear3 Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:03pm
post #34 of 144

this one is not as good as y'alls but.......i used to teach with a lady who had a daughter named Summer. She got remarried and the step father adopted the daughter. His last name was Storm. So this child's name is now Summer Storm.

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:06pm
post #35 of 144

I only have 2 that I've passed in my lifetime that stick out in my mind which were Spring and the last name was Blossom, "Spring Blossom" and then there was Mary ... last name Lamb .. so "Mary Lamb" icon_smile.gif

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:27pm
post #36 of 144

my old guitar teacher was called Curry payne, most amusing to us as 13 year olds lol, still tickles me now!

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 3:33pm
post #37 of 144

I grew up with a kid named Theodore Baer.....everyone called him Teddy.

I'm still waiting for a strange combo for a wedding.......I'm hoping I'll be able to keep a straight face!!!

My dentist when I was little, was named Dr. Nippies....and my first gynecologist was Dr. Clever. Yikes!!!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:26pm
post #38 of 144

O my gosh, I just remembered this one you guys, I swear it's true. I went to see this Gyno, Dr. Beavers. I'm not kidding, a gynecologist named Dr. Beavers. icon_lol.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:32pm
post #39 of 144

I went to HS with Tom Pettie, and when I lived on Gilligan's Island I was friends with a CG boy named Phil Collins.

I dated a certain Harold Potter in 1986.

Had Walt Disney in a uni class and am friends with a gal called Autumn Rain.

Had a roommate at uni named Rose. She married, took her husband's last name and was thus called Rose Bush.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:52pm
post #40 of 144

The local anesteisiologist (major misspelled) is Dr. Dozier! I remember him most from my first C-Secition.

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 4:59pm
post #41 of 144

Do you realize that when you google 'Heather Dinkle' that this forum pops up in the first page of results? So that means that if this person or a relative or friend of hers decides to google her name (who of us hasn't google'd ourselves or our friends) that they will see you making fun of her and her husband-to-be's name. I realize you weren't doing it in a malicious manner and it was all in fun but it might not be good business for your customer to see this. Just a thought.

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 5:04pm
post #42 of 144

Stefy... I just saw your weight loss ticker. Mazel Tov! Almost halfway!

globalgatherings Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 5:08pm
post #43 of 144

I guess, but surely these people with these names have a great sense of humor, wouldn't you think??? Come on, too funny, not meant to hurt anyone. And if you don't believe mine about Dr Beavers, google him Omaha, Ne. Yep, Dr Beavers is a gyno!!

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 5:55pm
post #44 of 144

You never know - might be a very sensitive subject.

CakesbyCindi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCindi Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 6:12pm
post #45 of 144

Ok, I have to chime in on this one. My husband had an Uncle named "Harden Long" What were they thinking??
But the Giant/Dick wedding wins with me.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 6:17pm
post #46 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

I only have 2 that I've passed in my lifetime that stick out in my mind which were Spring and the last name was Blossom, "Spring Blossom" and then there was Mary ... last name Lamb .. so "Mary Lamb" icon_smile.gif

My grandma's best friend's name is Mary Lamb...I never even thought about it like that.....all these years! lol (yep i'm blonde)

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 6:38pm
post #47 of 144

A young couple from Argentina named their baby 'Facundo' --(common name in Argentina) ---and yes it's pronunced the way you think.
I feel sorry for the kid icon_sad.gif

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 4:38am
post #48 of 144

My parents retired to a small town with a funeral home named "Cease Mortuary". We snickered every time we drove past it.

The worst name I remember hearing about was on the radio (decades ago... yes, I'm old).There was a woman who went to a local clinic for all her OB appointments. She heard a certain name a lot, and thought it would be perfect for her new born daughter: "Vagina". I think the nurse tactfully explained to her why that wouldn't be a good idea!

Our bank teller's first name is Latrina. Obviously, her parents had never been to camp. My sons have, and wanted to know why she was named after a bathroom.

Jennzoe333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennzoe333 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 5:08am
post #49 of 144

My Dad is an MRI tech and once had to deliver a baby in the xray dept. and this woman, I guess after hearing the word said, actually named ehr baby Placenta!!!! How do you go an entire pregnancy and not know what the word placenta means??? LOL

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 8:34pm
post #50 of 144

These are sooo funny! Here's mine... my gynecologist/OB's name was Richard Stiff. No kidding!! icon_lol.gif

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 9:08pm
post #51 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish245

I grew up with a kid named Theodore Baer.....everyone called him Teddy.

My husband has a friend at work with the last name of Baer. When he finally decided to get married, the office had a little contest amongst themselves trying to come up with names for their kids. Theodore was probably the most often mentioned, followed closely by Harry. Carrie and Griswold Lee were also memorable contenders.

pearlg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pearlg Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 10:17pm
post #52 of 144

I have been giggling through the pages. Not as funny as the OP however I once worked with a doctor called Dr De-Athe,We all wondered if the name was hyphenated and E added for a reason,never dared to ask though!
I also know a girl named Tsunami ( because her delivery was very swift and quick) her surname is Summers!

Galler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Galler Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 10:51pm
post #53 of 144

My fertility doctor: Dr. Frankfurter
My obstetrician: Dr. Hamburger

Both rated best in DC!!!

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 11:59pm
post #54 of 144

My 4 year old nephew has a friend (this one is not PC-politicly correct) Reton. So you can only imagine what 4 year olds sound like when they are calling him. My mom and I told him it was not nice to call his friend names when we heard him the first time.

I named my son Arik and his middle name Antonio and our last also begins with A. I wasn't thinking when I named him and when he came home the first thing out of my uncles mouth "oh he is tripple A" Yup they call him "Tripple A" and he answers. I was just not thinking.

Last one....My neighboor named there new daughter Princess...not bad right....Their last name is King. LIttle girls name Princess King....yup school will be fun.

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 12:54am
post #55 of 144

When I was in the 6th grade one of my classmates name was Holly Wood. Next town over a couple named their twin sons Henry and Harry Leggs.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:42am
post #56 of 144

I worked with a guy named Jim Shorts.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #57 of 144

I worked with a guy named Jim Shorts.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:46am
post #58 of 144

These are so funny!
Ok, My mother is divorced and kept her married name, Mary Hooker.

I went to school witha kid named Ty Lenol. No kidding!!

I worked in telemarketing about 11yrs ago and I got a person with the name Seamen Glasscock! I almost fell out of my chair. They wanted us to repeat the person's name throughout the call. I couldn't do it, I had to keep calling him sir to keep from cracking up!

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 1:48am
post #59 of 144

Jim Shorts reminded me of one. My step mom worked with a guy named Jack Mehoff!

globalgatherings Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 2:55am
post #60 of 144

O my gosh, you guys just keep cracking me up!! Jack Mehoff, really?? That poor guy icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%