Time Saver Flood With Brush Tip

Baking By shiney Updated 29 Dec 2009 , 7:36am by andpotts

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 6

I decorated over 250 cookies this weekend, and my little toothpick method was so time consuming, I outline in RI, then squeeze in TG flood kinda zigzag and then spread around with a toothpick into corners and up against outline. Well, towards the end, I was sick of toothpicking, I tried pushing it around with a brush. OMG, it went so fast, and it looked a bit streaky, but it evened out as it sat, and I used much less glace. Yeppeee, I love this place!

5 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 6

that's great! congratulations on a lot of cookies!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 6

awesome I till have to try that!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 9:05pm
post #4 of 6

Great idea! I did cookies for work/family trays last weekend and you're right very time consuming. I'll definitely try this next time. Thanks for posting.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Dec 2009 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

I zigzag flood too, but then I just use the tip to spread the icing. No other tools necessary. icon_smile.gif

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 7:36am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I zigzag flood too, but then I just use the tip to spread the icing. No other tools necessary. icon_smile.gif

Same here, I push it all around with the tips of the bottles, I also have a couple of those boo boo sticks from Karens Cookies that work great, but if I have a large area that's one color I've used a brush before with good results too thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%