Need A Last-Minute Gift Idea

Lounge By Texas_Rose Updated 23 Dec 2009 , 1:57am by Texas_Rose

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 5

I need to get a not-too-expensive gift for a 94 year old lady. I've never met her so I don't know much about her, except that she still lives in her own house and is a very devout Catholic. The only thing I can think of is one of those pretty plush microfiber blankets, the kind that's just the right size to snuggle under when you're on the couch. Does that sound like a good gift?

4 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 7:14pm
post #2 of 5

I think that is a great idea. Confort is what someone that age really needs.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 7:17pm
post #3 of 5

I was thinking blankets for my brothers because who doesn't need something warm right?

Another thought, would be some pretty rosary beads.

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 12:50am
post #4 of 5

Blankets are a good idea or you can get little household items, give her a gift basket of goodies (small cans of tuna, salmon, chicken, soup, crackers, assorted flavored instant coffee, herbal teas, soup mixes and cookies).

Gift certificates for groceries, haircuts, manicures, dry cleaning, prescriptions etc.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 1:57am
post #5 of 5

Thanks! I got her a purple fuzzy blanket...she lives in an old house so I figure she probably gets cold at night.

This is funny though, she's my husband's grandma and he doesn't know her name. I wanted to put her name on the gift but we had to write "To Our Great Grandma from Val And Sophie" on the tag instead because he doesn't know her name.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%