Melted Snowman Cookies

Baking By GeminiRJ Updated 26 Dec 2009 , 6:27pm by GeminiRJ

GeminiRJ Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 12

Obviously, this cookie is far and away "THE" cookie of the season! I should be tired of seeing so many variations of the same cookie, but I'm not. I've been short on time to leave comments on all the snowmen posted, so I thought I'd give a blanket thumbs-up to every decorator who has posted one. They are all so-o-o cute!

11 replies
cylstrial Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 1:53am
post #2 of 12

I agree! They are really cute!

damanda Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:10am
post #3 of 12

OMG I just made some and I just love it.I cant wait to eat them lol.

cookiemama2 Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:14am
post #4 of 12

I sent them to my dd's brownie group and school , the kids loved them! Even the teachers! The principal even got one!

globalgatherings Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 12

It is difficult to try to leave comments on all the great cookies, there are soooo many; my other favorite of the season has been all the different variations of the reindeer made with the upside down ginger bread man cutter, too fun!!

Happy Holidays to all thumbs_up.gif

TracyLH Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 12

Teh Melting Snowman is indeed a really popular cookie this season! Such a wonderful, original idea! Sadly, credit seems to have been lost to the original designer, so a round of applause goes to Meaghan Mountford of ChicCookieKits for her outstanding design! party.gif Here is her original design and her instructions on her really cute blog:

http://chiccookiekits.blogspot.com/2008/12/im-melting-melting.html

If anyone uses it, as is customary when using/playing with someone's design, just give her a nod when you post it. I know she appreciates it and, hey, if she hadn't posted it, the idea would not be out there for us all to smile at or play with. icon_smile.gif

JGMB Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 12:48am
post #7 of 12

I love the melting snowman cookie, too, and had all of the ingredients ready to go. Then, I got busy with other things and ran out of time. I was SO disappointed, thinking I had missed my chance.

Then, it dawned on me that they're not just for Christmas -- I have another few good months to try out snow-themed cookies here in Chicago!!! So, as soon as the Christmas rush has died down, I plan on having some fun with these. icon_razz.gif

2SchnauzerLady Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 12:57am
post #8 of 12

Officially, winter has just started = got time to make these yet. I want to try them, too!

GeminiRJ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 3:41am
post #9 of 12

I plan to make some, too! If nothing else, they'll be great for March when winter is (hopefully) winding down and some of this snow melts! We just got hit with 12" of the white stuff and had to postpone our family Christmas until tomorrow. My MIL has proclaimed it the "worst Christmas EVER". Umm...postponed...not cancelled. One day late shouldn't make it the worst ever.

TracyLH Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:00pm
post #10 of 12

Merry Christmas, Susan! One day late or not, have a wonderful, wonderful holiday! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh, it is not too late at all to do the melting snowman! I will be playing with it for my January cookie design as we got pelted with snow, but it is melting away. A perfect winter cookie! thumbs_up.gif One of the cutest I have seen.

tiggy2 Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 4:21pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I plan to make some, too! If nothing else, they'll be great for March when winter is (hopefully) winding down and some of this snow melts! We just got hit with 12" of the white stuff and had to postpone our family Christmas until tomorrow. My MIL has proclaimed it the "worst Christmas EVER". Umm...postponed...not cancelled. One day late shouldn't make it the worst ever.

We're digging out from the snow too but the kids did finally make it over last night. However, our streets are drifted shut again this morning. I can't even see our front steps and the driveway is up to my waist again. Thankfully we do have melted snowman cookies to enjoy while we wait for a plow icon_smile.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 26 Dec 2009 , 6:27pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Thankfully we do have melted snowman cookies to enjoy while we wait for a plow icon_smile.gif

Hot chocolate too, I hope? I've never seen snow piled so high around our driveway and front walk. We couldn't even get out the front door, the snow had drifted so high.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%