What Are These Called And Do You Carry Them?

Decorating By BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Updated 22 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm by adonisthegreek1

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 8

So, I was watching cake boss the other day and they were making a cake with several small rounds... but instead of having a bunch of individual small round cake pans they simply baked some sheet cakes ( like 18x12x3 or something) and then used a "cutter" of some sort to just cut individual rounds out of the sheet cakes... they looked like giant round cookie cutters, and they were metal.
what are these referred to, do you carry them?
I did a search under ' cutters " and got nothing similar to what I am describing..
Thanks!

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:21pm
post #2 of 8

They're called cake rings. I don't know if GSA carries them but now you'll have the right term to search for icon_biggrin.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 8

((snort snort)) Just laghing at your screen name....nothing else. icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 8

I've never heard of 'cake rings' either...good info though, thank you!!!

lomikesa Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

They are call cake rings here is a website with many types.

http://cooksdream.com/store/bkb.html

Lomikesa

Auryn Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 8

They are used a lot in french baking to make Charlottes and lots of different desserts.
I know Sur la Table carries them in store and online.

BarbieAnnPlaysWithHerFOOD Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 7:39pm
post #7 of 8

thank you so very much! thumbs_up.gif

adonisthegreek1 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 7:58pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auryn

They are used a lot in french baking to make Charlottes and lots of different desserts.
I know Sur la Table carries them in store and online.

Ditto, I use them for charlottes. You can also order the cake rings at www.pastrychef.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%