Google Confusion

Lounge By MissCakeCrazy Updated 22 Dec 2009 , 4:57pm by MissCakeCrazy

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 10:52am
post #1 of 9

I have been trying to create adsense search ads from google whereby they put links to other sites on your website and you can generate revenue from every person that clicks on them. I have been reading the instructions on how to set it up and copy the URL onto the website but I am completely lost! You need a degree to understand it as its so confusing. Have any of you done this before and could you explain to me step by step on how to do it? I have a vistaprint website by the way, is this compatible?

8 replies
PinkLisa Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 12:57pm
post #2 of 9

I've added AdSense to my blog and found it very easy. Do you have specific questions? I just did it a week ago, but don't remember every step I took. The website walked me right through it.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 9

There are a number of things that confused me but the first thing I'd like to ask is :-I managed to track down HOW you read your HTML on your website. Google says for you to copy your code and paste it in the HTML code but it doesn't say exactly where. It says thst HTML starts and ends with HTML but the code that it gives you doesn't have the start and end HTML. Also, are you meant to paste it right at the end of your HTML code or are you meant to replace it?

PinkLisa Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 9

I added AdSense to my blog at so they had a great link to Adsense. Are you sure that VistaPrint doesn't have a link through their site that will walk you through it?

I have though added links myself to my website. I created a links page in my website and that's where I pasted all the website links. When trying to figure these things out, I usually carefully read the instructions and then jump in and try it. You should be able to erase the link if you don't like where you placed it. Just pay attention to exactly what you added (maybe paste it in a word document for future reference). I find once I actually do something it becomes clearer. I've been spending months with Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Search Engine Optimization techniques and more recently Adwords. I've learned a lot just by trial and error. Good luck!

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:08pm
post #5 of 9

I've sent a message to Visaprint but it takes them at least 2 working days to get back to you. I tried doing it muself but when I open the HTML script from my website, it does not allow you paste or edit it. Its as if it is 'read only'.

PinkLisa Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:08pm
post #6 of 9

I created my own website with Microsoft's Frontpage so I think I have a bit more control over it. Good luck.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:19pm
post #7 of 9

Is there anyone else who can help me? It's so frustrating that I cannot do it..

sweetflowers Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:47pm
post #8 of 9

If I could see the code I could help. HTML has a start <HTML> and an end </HTML>, the code they have probably won't have that, you just copy and paste it anywhere inside those tags in your web code I would guess. I'm afraid I've never added the ad stuff, but I am a programmer so can read the code.

MissCakeCrazy Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 4:57pm
post #9 of 9

I am so annoyed. I telephoned Vistaprint and there websites aren't compatible with google adsense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%