Making Baby Booties

Decorating By pinkx2 Updated 23 Dec 2009 , 10:27pm by BecuzImAGurl

pinkx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkx2 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:39am
post #1 of 8

i just bought the cutters on gsa to make the life size baby booties. what do you use to make it al stick together or what works the best??

egg whites?? also, any tips?? its my first time making them and i have a cake to do on jan 2nd with them on top!!!!

7 replies
BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:11am
post #2 of 8

i use a mixture of about 1/2-1 teaspoon of Tylose powder to 2 Tablespoon of Warm water...mix well, it might still have some tiny white lumps its okay though, just leave in the fridge for a couple of hours n it will become a clear gooey liquid...

It's called edible glue by many...
oh, sometime people just use some water to wet the area needed to stick piece together

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:27pm
post #3 of 8

those cutters are really easy to use, I agree just make some edible glue to stick them together, if you don't have tylose, take a small amount of the gumpaste you are using and dissolve that is warm water.

Tips for the shoes, if you have a pasta machine dig it out, so that you can roll the paste to a uniform size, it makes for nice looking matching shoes. Or use those little rubber spacer things that some of the rollers come with now.

Roll the sole of the shoe as thick as you can, and use a little dusted cotton balls to help form the shoe.

teriwiley5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teriwiley5 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:47pm
post #4 of 8

I find it easier to make the sole a couple days in advance so it's dry and gives you something 'substantial' to glue the other parts to. For your first time, you might want to finish them up a week in advance. It's also nice to add some texture to the top pieces. When it's all dry, they look so pretty w/some pearl dusted on.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 8

I just use water to stick them together and have never had any problems.

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 2:52pm
post #6 of 8

I have not had a problem just using water as my glue. I would suggest doing them a few days before time so you won't have to rush through them. Each one takes a little time; and also you really get to focus on intricate details.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 8

BecuzImAGurl~ thanks for letting me finally know what edible glue was and how to make it!

BecuzImAGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BecuzImAGurl Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 10:27pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

BecuzImAGurl~ thanks for letting me finally know what edible glue was and how to make it!

no problem!!...hope you post the finished product soon!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%