White Chocolate Ganache With Carrot Cake?

Decorating By MissCakeCrazy Updated 22 Dec 2009 , 1:11am by kickasscakes

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 6

I am thinking of making a carrot cake with a cream cheese filling. As I want to put fondant on the top, I would like to create the smooth edges as when you use ganache (so you don't get the dip between the 2 layers). My question is, will white chicolate ganache go with the taste of the carrot cake and cream cheese? Also, I have heard that you use a different ratio to cream and white choc to the ratio that you would use with dark choc as its got less coco solids. Can someone give me the ratio?

5 replies
KitchenKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KitchenKat Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 6

Sure you can use white chocolate ganache and it will go well with the carrot cake and cream cheese filling. I've also tried white chocolate sourcream ganache (just replaced heavy cream with sourcream). It was nice and tangy, a good complement to carrot cake.

The ratio for a setting ganache to use under fondant is 3:1 white chocolate to cream by weight. But I always end up using a tad more white choco since it've very hot and humid where I live.

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks, it won't be too sickly sweet will it with too much white choc?

KitchenKat Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 12:47am
post #4 of 6

No. Not sickly sweet at all, to my taste. But everyone's different so I wouldn't know how you'll find it. Best to just try. Oh and use real white chocolate, not choco melts, in the ganache. It'll definitely be less sweet and more delicious

KitchenKat Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 12:48am
post #5 of 6

No. Not sickly sweet at all, to my taste. But everyone's different so I wouldn't know how you'll find it. Best to just try. Oh and use real white chocolate, not choco melts, in the ganache. It'll definitely be less sweet and more delicious

kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 1:11am
post #6 of 6

you have my tastebuds wanting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%