Need Doctoered Red Velvet Cupcake. Please =]

Decorating By miasuzzette Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 6:21pm by tame

miasuzzette Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 1:51pm
post #1 of 8

icon_smile.gif Gm, to all and Happy Holidays too, Have a healthily and Safe one. I need to make 50 Cupcakes and I want to make Red Velvet Doctored Cupcakes. Please, Help, I need to make them for a Donation. Thank you all for looking and your responds.

Margie thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
muddpuppy Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:14pm
post #2 of 8

1 box white cake mix (2-layer size)
1 box (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 ounces red food coloring

I use this one... It's yummy....

sewsweet2 Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 8

1 yellow cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 eggs
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 oz (2 Tbsp) red food coloring ( I use my airbrush color
Mix, then add 1 Tbsp vinegar mixed with 1/2 tsp baking soda. Combine with batter and bake.

CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:37pm
post #4 of 8

1 box DH Red Velvet Cake mix
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup sourcream
1 4oz box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
oil and water called for on box
1 tsp gel food coloring (Wilton or Americolor)
1 tsp vanilla

Sift dry ingediants, add wet and mix on med. for 2 mins. Bake at 325.

Makes 3-4 dz cupcakes depending on how full you fill the tins, I usually get about 3 out of this recipe .

BlakesCakes Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 4:46pm
post #5 of 8

I use this recipe for doctored Red Velvet cakes & cupcakes. 2 recipes will make 50 cupcakes.

I have also used a recipe similar to to CakeMommyTX, basically a variation on WASC, that works very well, but I find that the cupcakes are a bit more flat.

1 box DH Red Velvet Cake mix
1 cup flour
1cup sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 4oz box instant white chocolate pudding , if you can find it, or reg. chocolate, if not.
1 1/3 c. water
8 oz. sourcream
3 eggs
2 TBSP veg. oil
1 tsp. chocolate extract + 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
2 tsp vanilla extract

Sift dry ingediants, add wet and mix on med. for 2 mins. Bake at 325.

I get at about 4 dozen.

dawncr Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 8

Hi Margie,

Because I could "hear" the desperation in your post, I thought I'd show you something that has saved me loads of times when I really needed information.

Search Cake Central for previous posts on the topic you need. Don't use the Search tab at the top of the page unless you only want to search on a single, relatively unique word. Instead:

1. Once you're in any one of the forums here, look up at the top of the page, at the dark purple horizontal bar that's under the tabs. Printed in white is a small word "search." Click on that, and enter your terms into the box there. Be SURE to click on the second circle right underneath that, that specifies you want ALL the terms. You'll get posts that are more specific to what you want.

2. Alternatively, use any internet search engine outside of Cake Central. Simply enter into the search box the phrases you want, in quotes. For example, I'd enter into that box:

"doctored red velvet" "cake central"

You'll get back about three threads from cake central forums about doctored red velvet cakes, including your own. I like the best, but it will work with any of them. Here's one of those links:

tame Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 8

I need this to

tame Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 8

I need this to

Quote by @%username% on %date%