Filling Question

Decorating By Wesha Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm by Wesha

Wesha Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hey my fellow Cakers. I have a question about fruit filling. I am making a 3 tier lemon cake with raspberry filling in January. It if for a wedding. I wanted to know if you pipe a dam fill with BC and then filling or do you just pipe a dam and fill with filling? Let me know.

4 replies
Jeep_girl816 Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 11:59pm
post #2 of 5

I would definitely use buttercream as a dam, then fill with filling, just works so much easiericon_smile.gif

superstar Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 5:47am
post #3 of 5

Pipe the dam with BC then place your filling inside the dam, careful you don't let the filling get higher than the dam, keep it a little lower.

icer101 Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 5:58am
post #4 of 5

also.. make sure the dam is from stiff b/c... add more powder sugar to b/c.. until you can make a ball from it.. put in piping bag with only coupler.. or you can roll the b/c into a log.. and then place around the tier.. the add the filling.. but not up to edge of dam.. little below it.. then let cake settle over nite or for several hours.. some people place a piece of tile.. same size as tier.. for several hours to help it to settle.. this will help it not to bulge(sp).. hth

Wesha Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 5

thanks Guys.

Quote by @%username% on %date%