my friend has a recipe that calls for wax to be mixed in the chocolate, has any one heard of this before. and is it safe to eat wax?
Oh yeah this was done all the time 'back in the day'. I don't know it it was safe or not though. It's not done so much anymore.
I use paramont crystals now or oil or shortening or butter to loosen the chocolate so it doesn't have such a sharp crack when you bite into it.
Is it parifin wax? If so yes it is safe to eat.
That is a really old school recipe Before the "melts" we have now, there was only the chocolate chips and the wax was used to help thin the chocolate so it's easier to work with. It's perfectly safe to do but you can also melt the chocolate and if it's a little thick, just put a little shortening (Crisco) in it to thin it.
no the girl who made it used like candle wax
Are you sure? That is not safe to eat! You may want to let her know.
They still sell parafin wax for making candy in specialty shops, I use it when I don't have crisco.....
Its usually in flake form
thanks i'll let her know, she was using a big brick of wax, the said for candle use, or something like that
I use crisco most of the time, it gives the chocolate a nice shine as it thins it.