Celebration Cake

Decorating By risingflour Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 1:54am by IsaSW

risingflour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
risingflour Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 9:31pm
post #1 of 4

Ok, I have a customer whose sister just got married, is having a birthday this month (Dec.) and is having a baby girl in May....she would like to have a "celebration cake" for a family gathering. 20 servings, so not big at all.

The customer wants to incorporate all the things going on in her sisters life (mentioned above), wants a pretty cake and to celebrate her sister. She said that her sister is a wonderful person who cares for all and never does much for herself. She's the director of Peace Corp in Seatle, loves to travel, no favorite colors or real "hobbies"

I'm kind of at a loss for this one...

The customer did mention something like a princess castle cake that I had done, but this will feed way more than 20 and I'm not really feeling it for this one...she also said that her sister would think it was corny...I'd rather her be in love with the cake than feel it was corny (maybe that's just me).

Any help is appreciated. Right now I'm thinking a round or square cake with something to represent each facet of life around the sides of the cake with something on top...not sure yet, what.

thanks!

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 2:53am
post #2 of 4

open book cake -- scrapbook pages --

The changes a year can bring.....

a husband, a birthday and a baby

IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Quote:

The changes a year can bring.....

a husband, a birthday and a baby

I see this cake as present. I imagine the box half opened, and popping out a ring(because she got married), some birthday candles and baby item like a pacifier).
LL

IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 1:54am
post #4 of 4

This a better looking present.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%