Traveling With Your Cake...

Decorating By CAKEahuna Updated 20 Dec 2009 , 2:16pm by costumeczar

CAKEahuna Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 7:19pm
post #1 of 9

How does it look? I have to travel with a 3 tier cake 12,9,6 and wondering how that works? Do you build them on site? Do you have someone holding them for you. Help! icon_confused.gif

8 replies
costumeczar Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 12:42am
post #2 of 9

Are you driving there? How far is it? If it's really far you could just take the tiers separately then put it together there.

indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 4:21am
post #3 of 9

no, don't have someone hold it for you. Contrary to common belief, that is NOT a safer way to carry a cake, like it's not a safer way to carry a baby, in a car. Cakes need a flat surface to ride on.

jammjenks Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 4:27am
post #4 of 9

It depends on the cake design and the road quality, but generally I travel with 3-tiers already assembled.

zdebssweetsj Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 9:50am
post #5 of 9

I use a shelf liner under mine won't nothing slid off of it. As long as your cake is doweled and stacked right you shouldn't have any trouble transprting it stacked. But if you are using seperator plated and pillars you will won't to assemble on location. Good luck watch fast stops and starts and railroad tracks, you'll be fine.

indydebi Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:25pm
post #6 of 9

railroad tracks. I HATE railroad tracks!! icon_cry.gif

leah_s Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:57pm
post #7 of 9

Nothing about transporting a cake worries me any more. Non-skid in the back of the SUV. Cakes put together with SPS. Nothing's moving. And we travel with the cakes stacked, drive normally, and DH picks up the cakes for me and carries them. SPS = no worries.

cas17 Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 2:04pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

me too!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_mad.gif have to slow down to a crawl for some of them around here.

costumeczar Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 2:16pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Oh, I went over some yesterday that bounced me around something fierce! There was snow all over them so I had to just GO, I didn't want to get stuck there. Luckily, the cake stayed in one piece. icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%