Filling Hot Coco Cupcakes With Marshmallow Fluff

Baking By mom2twogrlz Updated 30 May 2014 , 2:39pm by candacethecook

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 18

I want to fill my Hot Coco cupcakes with marshmallow. Do you think the fluff right out of the jar will be ok or should I add some powdered sugar to it before I pipe it in? I am worried it will be too goey and messy. Any suggestions????

Thanks so much!

17 replies
FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 18

It will work just fine. My grandmother used to do that ALL the time with chocolate cupcakes. It tastes *so* good. It is a little sticky, but not horribly so. It soaks into the cupcake a bit too. One of my favorite treats from childhood.

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 18

GREAT!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Thanks! Now, do you know a good marshmallow frosting? I was thinking about just adding fluff to the crusting cream cheese frosting, but I don't want to taste the cream cheese too much. Maybe just add to frosting pride???? I am not a fan of buttercream, I have never been able to make a good batch.

Thank you so much, I love this site, such a never-ending source of expert advise!!!!

FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 18

Hmmm... I just like them plain without frosting, but I am not a big frosting fan in general. I usually make meringue based buttercream, but I think so long as your BC isn't too sweet it would be fine and not compete with the fluff filling.

The only frosting that I can think of that would be marsmallow-like would be a a 7 minute icing or something like that. It's good and rather sticky so not so great for decorating with. If you want to decorate them I'd just do a thin layer of your butterceam. =]

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 18

I did find a Marshmallow Creme and Cream Cheese Buttercream recipe by JanH. I am gonna give a try, she is a cake superstar so I am sure it will be good. I am planning a thin layer of chocolate ganache then the little santa hats on top. Wish me luck!!!!

FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 18

I wish you could send me some... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

It sounds like it will be delicious!

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:43am
post #7 of 18

Ok...so here they are. Just thought I would share with you. Not professional quality, but still kinda cute. This is my take on the melting snowman. The Santa hats didn't turn out as well as I wished, my frosting needed to be stiffer, but I didn't have time to adjust.

They were NUMMY by the way. The marshmallow fluff was just the right amount of gooeyness....thanks for your help!!!!
LL

JanH Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:49am
post #8 of 18

OMG, those cupcakes are so cute. thumbs_up.gif

And they look really tasty, too. icon_biggrin.gif (Sorely tempted to lick the monitor.) icon_lol.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:53am
post #9 of 18

Thanks JanH...that means a lot coming from you! I used your recipe for the Marshmallow Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting for the white part of the hats. Thanks...it was nummy. I was wondering though, I couldn't get it to stabilize very well, is this normal?

FromScratch Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 18

Ooooh!!! They are too cute!! And... they look delicious too. Great job! icon_smile.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 18

Thanks!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

JustToEatCake Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:48am
post #12 of 18

Really cute!

cylstrial Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 1:55am
post #13 of 18

They are super cute and they sound absolutely delicious!

CambriasCakes Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 3:55am
post #14 of 18

I beg your pardon Missy! Those are ABSOLUTELY professional quality!! They're beautiful!

mom2twogrlz Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:09am
post #15 of 18

Thank you so much everyone. It means a lot to me to have such support on this website. I love it here!!!!

galliesway Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:30pm
post #16 of 18

Very cute! Would you mind sharing your Hot Coco cupcake recipe?

TIA

mom2twogrlz Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 8:53pm
post #17 of 18

I used the recipe on this site, but I can't remember where I found it. But it is a modified WASC recipe. Here it is so you don't have to go searching for it.

Chocolate WASC (macsmom's method ) - MacsMom

2 dark chocolate cake mixes
2 c cake flour (gives it a lighter crumb)
2 1/4 c sugar (extra sugar for moistness)
1/3 c cocoa powder
3/4 t salt (less salt because of the cocoa powder)
2 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mixes
8 egg whites or 6 whole eggs
2 c sour cream
2 c coffee
1 c chocolate milk (extra liquid because chocolate mixes tend to be thick)

Hot Cocoa cake - MacsMom

Follow my chocolate WASC recipe, with this substitution:
Use 2 -2/3 c hot cocoa (cold) and add an extra package of hot cocoa mix to the batter.

candacethecook Posted 30 May 2014 , 2:39pm
post #18 of 18

Wow, they look great.  Your ganache also looks perfect.  Can you share your ganache recipe/ratio heavy cream to chocolate?  What kind of chocolate?

Thanks,

Candace

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%