Filling Hot Coco Cupcakes With Marshmallow Fluff

Baking By mom2twogrlz Updated 30 May 2014 , 2:39pm by candacethecook

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 18

I want to fill my Hot Coco cupcakes with marshmallow. Do you think the fluff right out of the jar will be ok or should I add some powdered sugar to it before I pipe it in? I am worried it will be too goey and messy. Any suggestions????

Thanks so much!

17 replies
FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 18

It will work just fine. My grandmother used to do that ALL the time with chocolate cupcakes. It tastes *so* good. It is a little sticky, but not horribly so. It soaks into the cupcake a bit too. One of my favorite treats from childhood.

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 18

GREAT!!!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Thanks! Now, do you know a good marshmallow frosting? I was thinking about just adding fluff to the crusting cream cheese frosting, but I don't want to taste the cream cheese too much. Maybe just add to frosting pride???? I am not a fan of buttercream, I have never been able to make a good batch.

Thank you so much, I love this site, such a never-ending source of expert advise!!!!

FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:52pm
post #4 of 18

Hmmm... I just like them plain without frosting, but I am not a big frosting fan in general. I usually make meringue based buttercream, but I think so long as your BC isn't too sweet it would be fine and not compete with the fluff filling.

The only frosting that I can think of that would be marsmallow-like would be a a 7 minute icing or something like that. It's good and rather sticky so not so great for decorating with. If you want to decorate them I'd just do a thin layer of your butterceam. =]

mom2twogrlz Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 7:35pm
post #5 of 18

I did find a Marshmallow Creme and Cream Cheese Buttercream recipe by JanH. I am gonna give a try, she is a cake superstar so I am sure it will be good. I am planning a thin layer of chocolate ganache then the little santa hats on top. Wish me luck!!!!

FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 11:49pm
post #6 of 18

I wish you could send me some... icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

It sounds like it will be delicious!

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:43am
post #7 of 18

Ok...so here they are. Just thought I would share with you. Not professional quality, but still kinda cute. This is my take on the melting snowman. The Santa hats didn't turn out as well as I wished, my frosting needed to be stiffer, but I didn't have time to adjust.

They were NUMMY by the way. The marshmallow fluff was just the right amount of gooeyness....thanks for your help!!!!
LL

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:49am
post #8 of 18

OMG, those cupcakes are so cute. thumbs_up.gif

And they look really tasty, too. icon_biggrin.gif (Sorely tempted to lick the monitor.) icon_lol.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 7:53am
post #9 of 18

Thanks JanH...that means a lot coming from you! I used your recipe for the Marshmallow Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting for the white part of the hats. Thanks...it was nummy. I was wondering though, I couldn't get it to stabilize very well, is this normal?

FromScratch Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 5:01pm
post #10 of 18

Ooooh!!! They are too cute!! And... they look delicious too. Great job! icon_smile.gif

mom2twogrlz Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 18

Thanks!!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 22 Dec 2009 , 5:48am
post #12 of 18

Really cute!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Dec 2009 , 1:55am
post #13 of 18

They are super cute and they sound absolutely delicious!

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 3:55am
post #14 of 18

I beg your pardon Missy! Those are ABSOLUTELY professional quality!! They're beautiful!

mom2twogrlz Posted 29 Dec 2009 , 4:09am
post #15 of 18

Thank you so much everyone. It means a lot to me to have such support on this website. I love it here!!!!

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:30pm
post #16 of 18

Very cute! Would you mind sharing your Hot Coco cupcake recipe?

TIA

mom2twogrlz Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 8:53pm
post #17 of 18

I used the recipe on this site, but I can't remember where I found it. But it is a modified WASC recipe. Here it is so you don't have to go searching for it.

Chocolate WASC (macsmom's method ) - MacsMom

2 dark chocolate cake mixes
2 c cake flour (gives it a lighter crumb)
2 1/4 c sugar (extra sugar for moistness)
1/3 c cocoa powder
3/4 t salt (less salt because of the cocoa powder)
2 pkg chocolate fudge pudding mixes
8 egg whites or 6 whole eggs
2 c sour cream
2 c coffee
1 c chocolate milk (extra liquid because chocolate mixes tend to be thick)

Hot Cocoa cake - MacsMom

Follow my chocolate WASC recipe, with this substitution:
Use 2 -2/3 c hot cocoa (cold) and add an extra package of hot cocoa mix to the batter.

candacethecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacethecook Posted 30 May 2014 , 2:39pm
post #18 of 18

Wow, they look great.  Your ganache also looks perfect.  Can you share your ganache recipe/ratio heavy cream to chocolate?  What kind of chocolate?

Thanks,

Candace

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%