Layered Crepe Cake? Just An Idea..need Some Help..:)

Decorating By ysa Updated 20 Dec 2009 , 3:15am by ysa

ysa Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 9:06am
post #1 of 4

my client wants me to do a crepe cake decorated with fondant? what do you think guiys? best icing? do u think it's possible to decorate it with fondant? thinking of stability ideas..icon_smile.gif i'm being! icon_smile.gif))

3 replies
KitchenKat Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 1:04pm
post #2 of 4

Best icing? Ganache definitely. Plus a chocolate glaze if you wanna go overboard.

I don't see why you can't decorate with fondant. For my taste though I prefer to decorate crepe cakes with crystallized fresh fruit or flowers as to me fondant overpowers the delicate balance of flavors in the cake and the distinctive texture of fondant doesn't seem to go well with the exquisitely delicate layers of mille crepe.

FromScratch Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 1:56pm
post #3 of 4

Personally... I don't think it would work well at all. Is she looking for it to look like a normal cake? I think the moist nature of mille crepe would liquify the fondant (at least on the side that touches the crepes). I have never tried it though so it might be worth a trial run

ysa Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 3:15am
post #4 of 4

thanks for the advice guys..this are really great help.. i adore cake central.. when i feel helpless..all of u guys are u all.. btw. i'll post the pics of my designed crepe.. i'll let u know. this is a very big leap. mwuuaahh!!! more..!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif [/b]

Quote by @%username% on %date%