post #1 of 20

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

19 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:41am
post #2 of 20

I am about to finish the second wedding cake of the night. Three tier was done earlier. The one I'm about to finish up was done earlier also, BUT as i was putting away the paperwork, I noticed that I'd put the wrong decoration on it. ARGH! Scrape and redecorate.

Then tomorrow, I'm doing a rainbow cake - six layers, six colors. It's really pretty!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:44am
post #3 of 20

I'm up.
Doing NOTHING! Except trying to get motivated for my own personal Christmas stuff. icon_lol.gif

Ah, doesn't that suck!

Oooooo. A rainbow cake. I think they look so pretty.

leah_s Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:53am
post #4 of 20

I'd never seen a rainbow cake before. Sure I'd seen the pictures of a half circle with rainbow in icing on the outside, but with this one the cake itself is dyed the colors of the rainbow. The outside will be sky blue icing with white puffy clouds.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:53am
post #5 of 20

its about 11:00.. just lurking around tonite.. delivered a pretty christmas cake this morning.. playing with my grandson tonite.. having my christmas breakfast in the morning. so i am glad i don,t have a cake tonite.. ha! snowing here... so they are all spending the nite.. the more the merrier.. leah ... get those decorations right!!! ha!

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:57am
post #6 of 20

Nothing much, just procrastinating. I don't want to wrap presents, I want to call it a night.

leah_s Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:00am
post #7 of 20

All done and the kitchen is clean enough. I need to go do some website coding . . . exciting stuff.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:24am
post #8 of 20

Yeah, I know and I think it looks so pretty when they cut the cake and you see all the colors. Especially when you see the purple.

leah_s Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:31am
post #9 of 20

I swear, I'm having a night. Got the website coding done and it's all in the wrong part of the website. ugh, I gotta finish that tomorrow. I must be tired.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:36am
post #10 of 20

I delivered a 5-tier cake tonight. It was my first time completely covering a cake in sugar crystals. Messy .... but I didn't have to worry about smoothing that icing!

Tomorrow, it's Family Christmas Cookie baking day with my 2 girls and my granddaughter! So after we bake about 1000 cookies, I have to come home and make my famous beef-n-noodles for the Brim Family Christmas Get-Together on Sunday.

It's a full weekend. thumbs_up.gif

hpcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hpcakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:48am
post #11 of 20

Trying to figure out what kind of cake I'm making tomorrow since we are snowed in the house.

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:48am
post #12 of 20

Just picked up a last minute order for Sunday about 2 hrs ago so I'm baking right now.
I know I know last minute orders, but it's for a good friend and it's a cute cake so alls good.
I'm also finishing up a topsy turvy and Harley cake...trouble in chocolate fondant land though.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 4:50am
post #13 of 20

Currently baking the fourth layer of a 2 tier cake. Small cake but big on decorations...Christmas decor and due on Sunday afternoon. I have the main decoration (Santa) done and has been drying for a week now, not easy with all the rain we've had here, so now it's just to put it all together tomorrow!

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 5:09am
post #14 of 20

Just finished making a cupcake-gram order form for my corporate clients. Writing out my plans for next week and thinking....when the bleep am I going to finish Christmas shopping and start planning Christmas dinner? Dangit! Wish I wasn't such a procrastinator icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:38am
post #15 of 20

Hugs to all of you girls up late working on cakes!

I am THRILLED BEYOND WORDS that my last cake of 2009 was delivered yesterday and I am about to make some toffee popcorn. It's chilly in the house, the fireplace is roaring, my jammies are waiting for me (as is hubby - both of whom are quite snuggly!) and I picked up a great Redbox movie for us to watch.

THANKS BE TO GOD!!!

icon_biggrin.gif Can you tell I'm excited that I have no cakes due for 2 weeks? I just had to share my joy!! icon_biggrin.gif

Can't wait to see y'all cake pics tomorrow. icon_smile.gif

Cristi-Tutty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cristi-Tutty Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 6:46am
post #16 of 20

hello everyone...good luck with your baking...I just finished reading the bettercream thread..I just pass by to say hello icon_smile.gif

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 7:10am
post #17 of 20

Didn't bake anything this evening, but kept thinking about all the things I want to either try or redo. Recently I did my first Football Helmut cake and was pretty happy with how things were going until I looked at the back of the helmut and saw that my fondant started to tear in 3 places. Can't wait to do have another go at it.

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 8:50am
post #18 of 20

I just (1:30am) finished decorating 4 dozen cookies. What a disappointment. I was aiming for 6 dozen (I'm going to a cookie exchange tomorrow, and we're supposed to bring 1/2 doz. per participant, and we have 8... I wanted to give each 6 different designs).

Everything took so much longer than I expected (I thought I'd work on the cookies for 2 or 3 hours in the morning, another 2 or 3 hours after dinner, and finish up the detail work tomorrow morning, then pack them up about 2 o'clock for the 3 o'clock exchange at my next door neighbor's house. Instead, I've been working on them for most of the last 12 hours.

On top of which, the glaze got splotchy and bubbly as it dried, so even what I did do doesn't look very pretty, and I was going to do some nice detail work on them, but I just really don't have any more in me.

*PLTHBTHLTHBHTH*

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 10:39am
post #19 of 20

I'm trying a new brine for jerky.

Then after reading a post for the 'W' cookie tree, I had to find my cookie cutters. Now I'm trying to figure out how to make my molasses cookies just right for the cutters. My Dad loves my molasses cookie.

Unfortunately, it breaks and cracks. He wants a gingerbread cookie but as a molasses cookie.

It might rock his world if I top it with some RI. His only complaint has been not the right coating. If not for that, he has said it his grandmas'.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 1:17pm
post #20 of 20

I just had a batch of chocolate cakes to bake, gumpaste holly and icicles and a figure in a chair for orders for the beginning of next week. so many cakes for christmas eve, cant wait til they are all picked up!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%