Anniversary Cake Idea

Decorating By erilay Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 5:46pm by IsaSW

erilay Posted 19 Dec 2009 , 3:25am
post #1 of 7

I am doing an anniversary cake 2 tiers and round. I am doing an organic deign of light brown lines and leaves brushed with gold. A few small pink flowers with a gold brush and true gold bands around the bases. She wants her ring on top, but I don't know the best way to do that. I don't think it is going to look nice with just the small ring on top. Also she just sent me the pic of the ring and it is white gold. I am not sure hoew that is going to look with all of the gold on the cake?
Any easy suggestions for how to complete this nicely? Also I want to be able to hide the dowel. Thanks so much.

6 replies
kakeladi Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:02am
post #2 of 7

Why does the ring have to be small? icon_smile.gif
Use fondant or gp to form a 'bracelet' size (or similar large) ring. Work a bit of silver into the design.........a few silver leaves? to represent the 'white gold'.

erilay Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 1:40am
post #3 of 7

I was thinking to run a it of silver in but did not want it to look to busy or like an eye sore lol... I like to see while I am doing it but really want to plan on this one.

So the ring u think would look nice almost as big as a bracelet - standing up kind of half in the cake? Is that what u mean. Also do u think I should do some silve leaves and some gold or just brush them woith both silver and gold?

I really want this to be nice.

I also thought about running the branches up to the top and putting the ring on 3 leaves that meet at the top, or a flower that I can do sightly larger and rufflier. If that makes any sence...
Thanks so much for any help. I am having trouble envisioning the ring on top.

IsaSW Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 2:01am
post #4 of 7

Place the ring in the box, make it out of fondant. And then the leaves around the box, would look adorable. If you make the inside of the box black, then the white Gold will pop out.
LL
LL

erilay Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 3:07am
post #5 of 7

Good idea... I thought about that but was trying to avoid making a box. I have only done it once, and it was not a ring box. Also with holiday stuff I want it to be less time consuming. I think I might have to do that though.

erilay Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:54am
post #6 of 7

THanks for the help. I did not do the box only b/c I got sick and lost a day of work. I like the way it came out though. It is on my pic.s - thanks so much - it had the ring ontop obiously

IsaSW Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 7

It turned out really good! Sorry to hear you were sick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%