Basic White/yellow Cake Recipes

Baking By LadyM51301 Updated 21 Dec 2009 , 2:34am by LadyM51301

LadyM51301 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:04pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking for the basic white/yellow cake recipes. After 15yrs, I am looking to get back into baking for friends and family. I am looking for the melt in your mouth taste to practice for friends and family before I take on the "new" techniques for the icing and decoating. I am rebuilding everything from the pans to the basic supplies. So for now I am using the 9in pans and the 9 x 13 in pans.

4 replies
JanH Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:16pm
post #2 of 5

Hi and Welcome to CC, LadyM72936. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

Above super thread has popular CC recipes for crusting American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC and other flavor variations) - and so much more!

CC member recommended scratch cake recipes (not found in recipes section):
(Has yellow and white - and so much more!)

Link to CC recipes section white cakes:

Link to CC recipes section yellow cakes:

LadyM51301 Posted 20 Dec 2009 , 6:25pm
post #3 of 5

Hi Jan! Thanks for the welcome! That's a great link! I'm checking them out and using what I can for testing cakes....I have a couple of Wilton colors for icings but not the Christmas Green color....I have Christmas red, what colors will I need to get that color? I have leaf green and yellow, I will need to find another one as well...I'm making Christmas Trees for Christmas for a bunch of kids I have the pans for just need the right color combo....any ideas?

JanH Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 5

Wilton has icing sets:
(Use the 40% off coupons from Hobby Lobby/Michaels.)

Wilton Christmas Tree decorating ideas:

More recipes you might like to try...

Great scratch-off:

LadyM51301 Posted 21 Dec 2009 , 2:34am
post #5 of 5

Our Michael's store has moved and I haven't had the chance to go and see what they have just yet....I have a couple of days before having to put the icing on...(crossing my fingers).

Quote by @%username% on %date%