How Much Do I Charge?

Baking By luv2bake6 Updated 18 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm by luv2bake6

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 5

A relative is having a holiday party and has asked me to make cookies and bars that she will pay me for.

I will make chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, brownies, lemon bars, and several other type bars that i'll decide on soon.

How do i charge for these? Per cookie? Per pound? How about the bars? I'm clueless.

Thanks for any help.

4 replies
verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 5

For sugar cookies, I charge about 1$/inch, wrapping included, for a minimum order of 24 regular size cookies (about 3-4 inch)

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 5

agree with verono, $1 per inch for decorated sugar cookies, individually wrapped. all other cookies are $10 per pound

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:40pm
post #4 of 5

I would charge per each cookie or bar. Think about how much a wrapped brownie costs at the local bakery/coffee shop, They arent buying a "mega"store platter here, this is a fresh home baked assortment. Will you be individually wrapping them? What will you use for tray,platters,boxes. How long will it take you to bake them, are you delivering? I agree with the $1 per inch for decorated, thats about what I charge. the bars I would assume would be less work but perhaps more cost for the ingreds-fresh lemon, chocolate nuts etc. so I would probably charge the same.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 5

The sugar cookies are going to be baked with sugar crystals on top so they won't be decorated with RI and stuff.
I will be packing them in containers for her to pick up. She will use her own platters.
So what i'm actually doing is baking the cookies and bars and packing them in separate containers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%