White Chocolate Modeling Clay

Baking By Charmed Updated 23 Dec 2009 , 8:49pm by sweetideas

Charmed Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 6:57pm
post #1 of 5

I made a batch of white chocolate clay and used 80z of chocolate and 40ml(1/8of cup) of corn syrup. but it is kind of crumbly. any remedies?

4 replies
helsbels Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:22am
post #2 of 5

Here is the recipe I use

CANDY CLAY RECIPE

1 lb any brand Coating Chocolate
1/3 cup light corn syrup

Melt Candy Melts following package directions. Add corn syrup and stir to blend. Turn out mixture onto waxed paper and let set at room temperature to dry. Wrap well and store at room temperature until needed. Candy Clay handles best if hardened overnight.
Sometime I use regular almond bark and I don't have a problem but while it is warm I knead it till it is smooth. I have also added a little more corn syrup if needed

DebbyJG Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 5

Anyone have a good chocolate fondant recipe with using real chocolate? The candy melts are made out of hydrogenated oil, which I can't use. Maybe I just need to practice getting my chocolate tempered. I'm having temper issues lately. LOL
Debby

DebbyJG Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

Anyone have a good chocolate fondant recipe with using real chocolate? The candy melts are made out of hydrogenated oil, which I can't use. Maybe I just need to practice getting my chocolate tempered. I'm having temper issues lately. LOL
Debby

sweetideas Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 5

Mine was crumbly also, but once you start working it--it was fine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%