How To Make My Own Cake Recipes

Baking By sweetcreationsbiz Updated 18 Dec 2009 , 8:03pm by brincess_b

sweetcreationsbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcreationsbiz Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

I have been using a ecipe from Cake Man Raven, Red Velvet cake. I really like it but I tried to also use it as a cake recipe to just add color or different flavors to it when needed. I found it not be work so good for me this way.

Will I just have to have different recipes for different cakes and thats that or is there a way I can get a simple recipe and just add to it whem I need to , like for a lemon cake add lemon zest and juice and yellow coloring?

I need help and advice. Thanks

3 replies
rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 4

When experimenting with cake recipies I just use a basic 4oz flour, 4oz sugar,2 eggs and 4oz butter recipe and then add to that. It works with pretty much anything as it is just the basic sponge cake and a great quantity to experiment with as it makes approx 12 cup cakes great for sampling. adjust the flour quantity to allow when using dry powders like cocoa or coconut. HTH but some one else might have a better idea.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 7:47pm
post #3 of 4

Baking and Baking Science:
(Cake Ingredient Functions, Formula Balancing , Mixing Procedures and Small Quantity Baking Cake Formulas)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/38593518/Baking-and-Baking-Science

HTH

Edited to provide working link.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 18 Dec 2009 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 4

the reipe given above by scrummymummy is a victoria sponge, you will find lots of variations online. but it is good cause you can just add whatever to it. i just experimented, and learnt as i went along how much to adjust by. it is as simple as just adding lemon zest !
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%